Paradise Bottom

Simon

Flying Squad
Fabulous!

Carl would be very chuffed to see that, one of the many good things that he inspired I think.

Simon

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Very nice Roger, its good to a similar take on Carl's masterpiece :)
It looks like the photos were taken with it resting on a garden railway, any chance of some more details on the latter please?
Steve

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Whilst not being into the micro layout scene, I have to admit it looks pretty darn good that man. As sir Jorders has said what a welcome you are front of the class material. Welcome mate.

D6331

Western Thunderer
The Avon Gorge at Bristol is (still) spectacular in many ways...
Not quite 8 years of dust have settled on the Bottom as it did attend a couple of shows in that time so it has had an airing.
A house move this year, after gathering 25 years of stuff, has reduced the amount of stuff either via sales or the skip. Paradise Bottom escaped both and is currently "up the loft"
(not a euphemism)
A visit to the Wells Show yesterday, following on from & definitely in second place to the recent, effervescent Larkrail Show has got me thinking of it again.

Two pictures are shown here that I took some years ago at the quintessential Estate railway that is Perrygrove in the Forest of Dean. The other is a Paradise Bottom moment but can you tell which is which?!

Thanking you
Roger.

Attachments

• 20190603_171945.jpg
    20190603_171945.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190603_190912.jpg
    20190603_190912.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 24

D6331

Western Thunderer
At a show a few years ago.

The skip waggon bravely rounds the bend & cautiously approaches the tipping ramp in the corrugated whatchamacallit. It's being pushed by the home fashioned petrol 'locomotive" with Ernie at the controls.
A few more yards to go & Ernie will realise he's forgotten to fill the skip first from the unnecessarily large building on the left.
"Nothing changes in Paradise" he mutters.

20220814_195934.jpg

Simon

Flying Squad
I think it would be very nice if Ernie could bring his operations over to Larkhall on the 15th July 2022, being the date of next year's "Larkrail".

Surely there should be a few characters from the Principality involved too, I mean who wouldn't like to meet Myfanwy, Meredith, Meriadoc or Merlyn?

Fabulous stuff - just what we all need if you ask me!

Great to see you and Dave at Wells on Saturday, hope you had a good trip back, I don't suppose your itinerary featured the "Larkhall Inn"?{!}

Look forward to meeting up again soon!

Simon

Simon

Flying Squad
Gawsh, how time flies! You are quite right of course, thank you very much for your perspicacious observation!

It would be great if you could come along too Dave, we/I might also try to have a bit of live music at next year's show.

And for the avoidance of doubt (which would be quite understandable) the date really will be Saturday the 15th July (of 2023).

Simon

D6331

Western Thunderer
I think it would be very nice if Ernie could bring his operations over to Larkhall on the 15th July 2022, being the date of next year's "Larkrail".

Surely there should be a few characters from the Principality involved too, I mean who wouldn't like to meet Myfanwy, Meredith, Meriadoc or Merlyn?

Fabulous stuff - just what we all need if you ask me!

Great to see you and Dave at Wells on Saturday, hope you had a good trip back, I don't suppose your itinerary featured the "Larkhall Inn"?{!}

Look forward to meeting up again soon!

Simon
Thank you Simon,
Ernie & his dastardly operations would be more than delighted to attend.
There is a rumour that a certain Myfanwy and the young Rev Weech (I'm not referring to Dave and my double act) will be gracing the Hall of Larks too..
It is inked into the Letts diary.
Hurrah!

We had a delayed return in our journey home caused by 1. Dave's out of date satellite navigation system
2. Me forgetting there's a Larkhall near Glasgow that probably has an Inn..

It was great to see you too & hear about the garden railway adventure.
Splendid stuff.

All the best.
I must pop over one Thursday and visit the Shop.
Roger.

D6331

Western Thunderer
The necessary yet unnecessarily large loading point is emblazoned with the unnecessarily long but necessary name.

View attachment 169077

Almost every panel of pretend corrugated iron is pinned with an actual pin to each other.
Literally an hour or so was spent in this modelling miscellany.
Pins were trimmed to length et cetera. Glue was used.
This was probably not finescale modelling.

Simon

Flying Squad
It looks very fine to me!

An heroic achievement, perhaps it will be commemorated in verse or song....

Simon

(Who ran the repaired Ruston on the new line for the first time this evening - huzzah!)