Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Thanks all!

Went for a low key celebration and, along with my son's event the previous week, we'll be having a more outgoing do later in the year when we're over the lockdown.

Normally I go to the Kettering show and stock up on a few items for folk to use as railway related birthday presents, but I didn't go this year and then the lockdown hit. As such presents were largely what could be readily obtained from the local supermarket. Beer, pork pie and a few clothing items were great though.

What made me smile was my teenage son's efforts at wrapping:

rps20200417_075224.jpg

No question that he did it himself :)).

No1 daughter made very tasty cinnamon waffles for breakfast:
IMG_20200416_104144_1.jpg

And a birthday fruitcake (was there a message there?) which had a goodly amount of sherry in it. :D

IMG_20200416_201136_1.jpg

Apart from that it was good to not be at work and being able to spend a bit of time outside relaxing or inside modelling.

Peter Cross

Western Thunderer
It's all looking very good.

Happy birthday for yesterday, I wasn't on forum.

What time I did get was having a wrestling match with the coal rails on a College kit tender.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
It's all looking very good.

Happy birthday for yesterday, I wasn't on forum.

What time I did get was having a wrestling match with the coal rails on a College kit tender.

Cheers Peter, I think my next task after finishing this will be something off the loco nearly complete pile. Nothing with coal rails thankfully.

That might be a while off though as the grain store has a significant area of roof to add stone tiles \ slates to. Not looking forward to that. But the board is really coming along nicely now.

2-Bil

Western Thunderer
So well crafted ,observed, painted AND Southern...(sort of)...its developing into one of the Exceptional layouts ..............Respects etc Brian W

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
The layout is really taking shape now.

Unfortunately for me this year made me closer to the big seven zero, than the five zero.

Cheers Peter. It's starting to look like what I had in my mind's eye for a few years. The buildings taking shape hopefully means others can now see what I'm aiming for too.

Apparently 70 is the new 50, so you'll be fine! How's the virus situation in Brazil? Not heard much about South America in our news.

All the best.