Western Thunderer
Railex 2014
Stoke Mandeville Stadium
Stadium Approach
Aylesbury
Bucks
HP21 9PP
24th & 25th May 2014
Free vintage bus from railway station to Railex and return both Saturday and Sunday
Adults £8.00
Child £5.00 (up to two children free on Sunday only with paying adult)
Saturday 10.30-17.30
Sunday 10.00-17.00
www.railex.org.uk

Layouts Confirmed
7mm Scale
•03.24 08-08-1963, The Great Train Robbery O Gauge, Luton Model Railway Club, Enclosed in a tent this diorama depicts the events which took place in the early hours of the morning of 8th August 1963.

Factory Lane Sidings O Gauge Alan Thompson

•Gweek North Quay, O-16.5 Gauge, Falmouth & District MRC, The Helford Valley Railway was a 2’ 3” narrow gauge line originally built to carry granite and copper ore from the district between Constantine and Stithians, to the quays at Gweek on the Helford River.

•The End of The Line, O & O-14mm Gauge, Giles Favell, This represents the transfer point of a very small coal mining operation, somewhere in the West Midlands area, in the early 1960's.

•Whiteoak Light Railway, O-16.5 Gauge, Martin Coombs, Is an entirely freelance industrial type railway and a figment of my imagination. Stock is either, kit built, scratch built or modified RTR, the golden rule is, if I like it, then it will run on the WLR.

4mm Scale
•Alloa, OO Gauge, Scottish Region Study Group, A busy junction of the real location in Scotland's gritty industrial heartland set in the 1950s to 1960s.

•Bath Green Park, OO Gauge, Taunton Model Railway Group, The layout depicts the area from the station to Bath Junction, a scale 3/4 mile and includes the station and associated buildings, period is the mid-1950s to the early 1960s.

•Blackgill, P4 Gauge, Eddie Ford, Blackgill is an attempt to portray the North Eastern Railway 1897 deviation line from South Pelaw to Consett. Fictitiously located just west of Beamish represents the transition period from steam to diesel.

•Bradfield Gloucester Square, OO Gauge, Tring & District MRC, The layout was inspired by the Midland Railway’s terminus in Bradford (Forster Square), the trains are run to a working timetable, which is based on a simplified BR summer one from the early 1960s.

•Cliffhanger, OO9 Gauge, I. G. Romodanovsky-Lodyzhensky, Is a model of the Glenthorne Harbour branch line that hangs on the North Devon sea cliffs at Countisbury Loop, the era modelled is the summer of 1935.

•Dewsbury Midland, OO Gauge, Manchester Model Railway Society, The layout is based on the Midland Railway's West Riding Lines project, proposed so that its Anglo-Scottish expresses could avoid Leeds. This junction station is modelled, as if the project had been completed in British Railway days.

•Earl’s Court, OO Gauge, Terry Tew, The Model.......assumes that the LMS and GWR built their own joint station at Earl's Court. This enabled them to divert some of their commuter and local passenger trains away from Euston and Paddington. Services had continued into the early 1960's, when this model is set.

•Ironstone, OO Gauge, Chris Nevard, South Lincs Ironstone railway inspired by the High Dyke line, exchange sidings and loading area, era run can be from 50s to 80s.

Prospect Point HO & HON3 High Wycombe Model Railway Society. logging/mining railroad in Montana in the last days of steam. Logs arrive to be sent on, or milled and pulped on-site. Ore from two mines is delivered on three different track gauges. Switchbacks (zig-zags) up the hillside climb 50 feet and connect three small junctions. Geared steam locos – Shays, Climaxes and Heislers – enable a scale mile of switching runs in difficult terrain. - See more at: http://www.hwdmrs.or...h.PWJNjPE4.dpuf

•Tower Pier, EM Gauge, Geoff Ashdown, 'Tower Pier' is the terminus of the 'Metropolitan Widened Lines Extension Railway', running from Moorgate down to the Thames just to the North of the Tower of London. The model depicts the station in 1955.

•Ynysybwl, EM Gauge, Cardiff 4mm Group, A faithful replica of the prototype station and surrounding area in 1922 just prior to the Taff Vale Railway losing its independent identity at the grouping.

2mm Scale
•Vale of Oxbury, N Gauge, Carl Woodwards, A Western Region junction station somewhere in Oxfordshire in the 1960s with all the trimmings. Enjoy with Swindon’s finest Steam loco’s and new Diesel Hydraulics hauling scale length trains.

•Wadebridge, 2mmFS Gauge, John Greenwood, This is a model of the station in North Cornwall that was at the far west of the Southern Railway. It is part of my grand plan to model the lines between Wenfordbridge, Bodmin, Boscarne, Wadebridge and Padstow.

Demos
Gordon & Maggie Gravett Landscape and grassland modelling
Paul Bambrick 3D printing and design

Traders Comfirmed
247 Developments
Alan Gibson
All Components
Ambis Enginnering
C&L Finescale Modelling
Ceynix Railway Trees
Cheltenham Model Centre
Comet Models
Cooper Craft
D&E Videos - Realtrack Models
Dart Castings
Dragon Models
EDM Models
Eileens Emporium
Golden Arrow
Gra Models
Green Scene
High Level
Hobby Holidays
Ian's Trains
Isinglass Models
Judith Edge
Lionheart Trains
London Road Models
Marc Models / Electrifying Trains
Model Railway Developments
N Brass Locos
Parkside Dundas
Penbits Model Railways
Plus Daughters
Priory Books
Quainton Road Models
Radley Models
Replica Railways
Road Transport Images
Roger Carpenter
Roxey Mouldings
Rural Railways
Extreme Etchings / Shawplan
South Eastern Finecast
Sunningwell Command Control
Tools 2000
Unit Models
Wizzard Models

david bigcheeseplant

Western Thunderer
Here is the Railex floor plan
15duwy1.jpg
1. Railex Information Point
2. R&D MRC Club stand
3. R&D MRC Second hand stand
4. Parkside Dundas
5. 247 Developments
6. Wizard Models
7. All Components
8. C&L Finescale
9. Model Railway Developments
10. Replica Railways
11. D&E Videos Realrack Models
12. Lionheart Trains
13. EDM Models
14. Scale 7 Group
15. Missenden Modellers
16. Eileen's Emporium
17. Wild Swan Publications
18. Radley Models
19. Marc Models
20. Isinglass Models
21. Rural Railways
22. Ian's Trains
23. Unit Models
24. Green Scene
25. Tools 2000
26. Cheltenham Model Centre
27. South Eastern Finecast
28. High Level
29. Alan Gibson
30. Dewsbury Midland
31. Coopercraft
32. Ambis Engineering
33. London Road Models
34. Comet Models
35. Alloa
36. Bradford Gloucester Square
37. PenBits Model Railways
38. Extreme Etches Shawplan
39. Buckminster Ironstone
40. Tower Pier
41. Earls Court
42. Scalefour Society
43. Blackgill
44. Bath Green Park
45. Ynysybwl
46. Dart Castings
47. Hobby Holidays
48. Quainton Road Models
49. Great Central Railway Society
50. Sunningwell Command Control
51. Road Transport Images
52. Priory Books
53. Demos
54. 2mm Scale Association
55. Wadebridge
56. Vale of Oxbury
57. Roger Carpenter
58. N Brass Locos
59. Plus Daughters
60. S Scale Railway Society
61. Cliffhanger
62. Prospect Point
63. Gra Models
64. Golden Arrows
65. Gauge O Guild
66. Ceynix Railway Trees
67. Judith Edge Kits
68. Pendon Museum
69. The Great Train Robbery
70. Factory Lane Sidings
71. Dragon Models
72. Roxey Models
73. Gweek North Quay
74. Whiteoak Light Railway
75. End of the Line

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
(*BUMP*)

Just to say that RAILEX 2014 is now less than 2 weeks away . . .:thumbs:

We'll be doing most of the set-up on the Friday afternoon, and the rest 'early doors' on the Saturday. Then the floods of people start . . .

So where is the WT meet going to be, then? 1:00 around Dewsbury Midland? Both days???

Ian

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
you can obtain discounted advance tickets by going to our web page
It's probably down to me but I can't find the info re-applying for advance tickets on either the Railex 2014 or Society sites. Can you give me "cat sat on the mat" advice where to find this info please?

Many thanks.

Brian

david bigcheeseplant

Western Thunderer
We closed discounted advanced tickets on our website yesterday, but it had been on there for the last few months. We will be selling tickets on our vintage bus running from Aylesbury station car park to Railex
David

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
We closed discounted advanced tickets on our website yesterday, but it had been on there for the last few months. We will be selling tickets on our vintage bus running from Aylesbury station car park to Railex
David

Thanks David.

A friend and I were uncertain whether we'd manage to get to Railex this year and I've only just returned from holiday to find that he will be available, hence my hope to get advanced tickets. Sorry to see that I've missed them by a hairs breadth.

Never mind. We'll get there early!

Brian

david bigcheeseplant

Western Thunderer
Hi Brian
The member who posts the tickets out is not the same person who prints them out, and I know yesterday we had used up all the pre printed tickets so it would not be till next Friday until we could get another batch by which time you are getting close to the time it takes Royal mail to deliver before the Railex weekend.

As I said earlier we will have Railex tickets for sale on our free vintage bus which will save time buying them at the stadium.

David

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Hi Brian
The member who posts the tickets out is not the same person who prints them out, and I know yesterday we had used up all the pre printed tickets so it would not be till next Friday until we could get another batch by which time you are getting close to the time it takes Royal mail to deliver before the Railex weekend.

As I said earlier we will have Railex tickets for sale on our free vintage bus which will save time buying them at the stadium.

David

Thanks David. I normally buy tickets at the door so will do so this time. Truly no problem.

Best regards.

Brian

david bigcheeseplant

Western Thunderer
Just a week to go, we will be running our vintage bus from the Aylesbury railway station car park to Railex every half an hour on the Saturday morning then hourly in the afternoon and Sunday.
David

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
Well, I'm going to have a meet at RAILEX this weekend.
1:00 around Dewsbury Midland.:thumbs:

Is anyone else up for this??

Ian

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
I should be there with a friend on the Saturday so won't be able to chat for long but it'll be good to catch up, however briefly, with all who are present.

Best regards.

Brian

david bigcheeseplant

Western Thunderer
IMAG0985.jpg Last weekend while I was at Expo EM Viki my other half was cleaning and preparing the bus for Railex.

Ssay hello to her and the rest of the bus team if you have a ride on the bus.

Graham Muz

I shall be there on the Saturday playing on Mr Nevard's of this parish, latest train set 'Buckminster Ironstone' I am as ever looking forward to this show.