Re: Easybuild 105

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
Easybuild 105

That's looking very nice.  :drool: :drool:

It's interesting to see just how much work is involved with these kits, as I might tackle the 108 next.

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

Pugs, it is a big project, especially doing all the mods that you will want  :)) I havent touched the kit underframe my guess is that you will end up scratchbuilding one, massive job  :eek: there is so much 'stuff'

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
Easybuild 105

I was going to take a slightly softer line with the DMU, in as much as I'm not too worried about primary suspension, but feel compelled to install secondary suspension of some sort.  Similarly, I want to install a couple of small motors driving the inner wheel of each bogie, but hope that I can modify the kit bogies to suit, I don't really want to go through a mass redesign/reconstruction effort again.

Still , I say that now, but watch that change once I start...  :scratch:

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

Ross, Ill sort the bits later this week after the rush  :))
As Heyside has been dismantled I have an extra couple of days, which is just as well as I had been getting ready for an all nighter  8)

The extra time has meant a slightly better coupling method. originally I had been going to use screw couplings but they are a PITA under corridor connections and I was a little concerned about push pull around the tighter curves. So tonight I have made a pin and hook which will carry current between a pickup in the trailer and the power car, make coupling much easier (nobody will see it under the corridor) and prevent any buffer locking.

Coupled

[attachimg=1]

Uncoupled

[attachimg=2]

Out of focus shot on a very tight curve

[attachimg=3]

The glazing went in  both cars today,

[attachimg=4]

Tomorrow leaves just the cab to laser, then door furniture, followed by fixing interior and soldering a couple of dcc connections, oh and I must remember to turn up the lights. I have been waiting for some lenses to arrive but no sign of them  yet  :headbang: so something temporary for Manchester.

Attachments

• IMG_4190.JPG
    IMG_4190.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4191.JPG
    IMG_4191.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4192.JPG
    IMG_4192.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4193.JPG
    IMG_4193.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 114

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Easybuild 105

Very very nice, I shall probably need a set for my western region transition era layout in about 10 years time!!  :))

JB. 

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Easybuild 105

A bit late in the day (I only came across them this morning), but I thought these screen captures of early DMU interiors may be of interest (although not Cravens)

Attachments

• DMU.JPG
    DMU.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DMU 2.JPG
    DMU 2.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 28

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Easybuild 105

lancer1027 said:
Exellent work Cynric :bowdown: :bowdown:. But be careful of the all nighter look what happened to me and Ross :)) :))

Rob :wave:

Ha HA Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha well blow me down do you remember the following day Rob, any way looks excellent Cynric typical first generation DMU but just a bit to clean get it filthy that man as BR never took care of anything

Ian

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

Just the one shot tonight  :))
[attachimg=1]
Not much left now interior to fit and door furniture I shall fit the W/M vac pipes as a temporary measure until something more appropriate can be fitted when it comes back for little bits that haven't quite made it.

Lesson learned from this build? my time estimate was dreadful, it has been the equivalent of two coaches and a loco, had I factored this I would not have been faced with such a rush at the end  :headbang:

Attachments

• IMG_4197.JPG
    IMG_4197.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 228

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Easybuild 105

Re the interior shots... I can understand why the Driver kept the blind down behind him most of the time... well they certainly did around our way... all those people gawping at you :eek: mind you I suppose the Bus Drivers here would be used to it.... ;D ;)

The lining looks good on the cabs. Is it just me, or is there a reason why only one of them has a coupling..? :scratch:

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

They both have couplings now  ;D I think I shall put some plasticard blinds in the down position if I get time

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

A couple of quick ones ready for dispatch - I just need to run through the dcc and it will have to do

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

vac pipes now being added  :))  destination will be fitted later, but some did seem to run with a white blind, phew!

I had a right job with the partitions and I left some out  :headbang: I will have to laser some better fitting replacements when it comes back.

Attachments

• IMG_4198.JPG
    IMG_4198.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_4201.JPG
    IMG_4201.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 207

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Easybuild 105

Cynric,

That looks very well indeed.  And I've caught up with my email today so you should have the info you were after...

Steph

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

Thanks chaps, It has been deposited with Dikitriki and it looks the part amongst the Heyside stock. Fingers crossed that it runs ok as it really hasn't had the testing it needs to be fully confident  :scratch:
oh, I havent mentioned the dcc adventure last night  :headbang: still its going now
I have had an enquiry about building another  :eek:  still second time round is always easier

Simon

Flying Squad
Easybuild 105

28ten said:
Thanks chaps, It has been deposited with Dikitriki and it looks the part amongst the Heyside stock. Fingers crossed that it runs ok as it really hasn't had the testing it needs to be fully confident  :scratch:
oh, I havent mentioned the dcc adventure last night  :headbang: still its going now
I have had an enquiry about building another  :eek:  still second time round is always easier

Ah, was that tweaking to an acme of perfection the wonderful rasping and farting noise that all true bog cart afficionados will be so looking forward to?

Sorry :))

Joking apart it looks great and I'm really impressed by the speed at which it all happened too :bowdown:

It will look even better running on Heyside - let's hope someone takes some pictures! (please)

Simon