7mm Regans Yard

28ten

Guv'nor
Calling this a layout is stretching it :)) I need to test build the arches so I might as well do a small diorama, this is it in all its glory

IMG_4746.JPG

The base is foamboard box section with diagonal bracing chosen because it is quick and light. I will model both sides of the arches, the nearside detailed and painted and the back unpainted. The foreground will feature some rubbish and general tat (7mm Pallets!) Id like to try some wooden sleepers if I can get some suitable material to laser
Im aiming to turn this round in a couple of weeks before I get bored:cool:

D1054

Western Thunderer
Definitely got bags of potential..... "Oi, Jack! There's one o' them 52's up there"....... "Shaarrrt arrp!":)

Willy

Western Thunderer
I will watch this with great interest gov'nor because I am planning a small layout similar to HW Yard in this link with a viaduct as a key part of the backscene.

Willy

Western Thunderer
... and we wonder why there are no British Car makers any more.... :rolleyes:

... and we wonder why there are no British Train makers any more.... :D

The government promised work to Derby , then gave it to ze Germans !!!

Steve (from Derby)

28ten

Guv'nor
Thought I would slap some paint on the 'cabin, early days yet

Primer and some pre shading
IMG_4772.JPG

First very light coat of green-grey which starts to calm it down a bit, more to go on tomorrow after I have checked it in daylight
IMG_4775.JPG

Western Thunderer
Guv,

'Portacabin' is a brand name. My mrs has gone mad. She sells & hires out 'cabins' !!!!!.

Steve

28ten

Guv'nor
Amongst other projects I managed some painting this morning

firstly the non visible back of the diorama - I thought it would be fun to do it as a painting process starting from bare wood on the right to fully finished on the left
IMG_4777.JPG

The base primer is vallejo grey with pre shading of Panzer grey which is already giving some volume to the wall

IMG_4778-1.JPG

Talking fo pre shading the hut has had a second light coat and it is toning down quite nicely - maybe one more light coat then on with the filters and pin washes. Oh and the door will be blue :)

IMG_4780.JPG

28ten

Guv'nor
I have been searching for an effect I am happy with in 7mm and im getting closer, i like the way the with the mortar is breaking up the regularity, colour is still a bit off though, but I can fix that in the mix
IMG_4782.JPG

It is quite hard to photograph this but this shows the acrylic washes in place, the mortar is yet to be added
IMG_4784.JPG

this shows how rough it is at this stage, it needs to be quite dark because the mortar lightens the base colour
IMG_4785-1.JPG

alcazar

You do realise that NONE of it will work unless there is a 7mm scale blagger being thrown onto the bonnet of the 7mm Granny by a 7mm Regan? Don't you?