7mm SR EMU hose and cable castings

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Evenin' all,

I've had a bit of a splurge and got one of the Radley Models SR electric locos, as per the top and third photos on this page: http://www.semgonline.com/electric/class70_2.html

The mouldings appear to have all the front end connections moulded in. They don't look too bad (apart from the lack of the high-level brake pipes), but I still think replacements may be in order.

Can anyone give me a pointer as to where I can find the various hoses and cables I need?

Cheers,

Steph

Ian G

Western Thunderer
Mix & match MMP's range of brass castings, I have used these for my 33/1 Lima conversion. they are finer than the cast white metal ones supplied by others, may be worth contacting DP of this parish.

Ian G

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Ooh! Really looking forward to this build. Mind you, I prefer 20001 and 20002. However, beggars can't be choosers.

D'you want my photo of 20003 at Eastleigh?........

Brian/Dad

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
They bring back memories Col. A case of being faithful to the prototype, actually converting some kits of the steam hauled stock.

John

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Many thanks for the pointers guys, I shall investigate further.

And yes please Dad a copy of your photo would be useful

Cheers,

Steph

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Interesting pic, Dad,

It shows the loco undergoing the conversion from headcode discs and m/u gear to an indicator box and removal of the m/u gear. The latter was never used; the differences in electrical equipment to CC1/2 was enough that it couldn't be used...

Steph

Last edited: