Telford Steam Railway - Lawley is open for business

marsa69

Western Thunderer
I

It was in use again today – they are getting a lot of mileage out it!

We need it to, we need the pennies :eek:

Mark

PS Anyone interested in joining either as an armchair supporter or with a view to getting their hands dirty now and again then please PM me :thumbs:

Emma H

PS Anyone interested in joining either as an armchair supporter or with a view to getting their hands dirty now and again then please PM me :thumbs:

Volunteering on a heritage railway and getting dirty is good fun (well I think it is). I joined the Churnet Valley Railway earlier this year as a cleaner and some people think I am a bit barmy to arrive at Cheddleton for a 6:00am start to help prepare the engine for the days duty. It is quite physical work as well but it's cheaper than the local gym for keeping fit :).

Telford is fairly close for me so must pay a visit sometime...

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Hi Emma,

Thanks for the snaps, nice to see the old kettle chugging along nicely. If you can get down to Telford then drop us a line and I can give ye the grand tour and that goes for anyone else. And your right about it being good fun, hence why I spend so much time there now lol :p

Cheers,

Mark

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

Yes we're open, every Sunday and bank holiday Monday upto the end of Sept then we start again in Nov for the good old Santa specials. Once again drop us a line if you're heading over,

Cheers,

Mark

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Update time!

We're still waiting for our Peckett to return from Tyseley but we're confident that it'll be back in use for our Santa specials.

As for the rest of the railway we've been busy clearing the yard so that all the scrap rail can got to Mr Rollasons scrap emporium bringing in much needed money as well as the disposal of unwanted sleepers to any who want them, for a suitable donation of course ;)

20130813_200813.jpg20130827_200657.jpg

Work on our resident 108 DMU is prigressing nicely to such a point that we're now applying the undercoat for it's paint job. Not going to tell you what the finished paint scheme will be as we have a new game around here of 'Guess the colour'. I can't wait to see it finished.

20130831_155934.jpg20130831_155928.jpg20130831_193146.jpg

We've also been progressing the track laying for the 2ft gauge steam tram. We'll soon have a roundy-roundy once we get some more set track.

20130831_193833.jpg1239877_10151585882557479_141660842_n.jpg

Well we've only got three more running days left for this season then it'll be a short breather before Santa arrives. Some big plans are afoot so hopefully have some details for you all in the next few weeks,

Cheers,

Mark :thumbs:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
I reckon it will be Chocolate & cream. So sarge your secret op is armed with a tin of blue...............................................;)

Reactions: Bob

marsa69

Western Thunderer
This coming Sunday the 29th Sept is our final normal running day of the 2013 season. So if any of you are at a loose end and haven't been before then please come along. Not only will our normal standard, narrow and 5" gauge trains be running but we're holdong an impromptu 'bring and buy' as well as well as the possibility of seperate cab rides in the yard. Hopefully the weather will behave itself as well,

Cheers,

Mark

Osgood

Western Thunderer
I reckon it will be Chocolate & cream. So sarge your secret op is armed with a tin of blue...............................................;)

Was that ever a legitimate colour scheme for DMUs? Notwithstanding that I reckon it would look really good (well anything other than blue would look really good wouldn't it?)

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
What a shame to deface a perfectly good unit with those colours( I have ducked behind Jordan so throw what you want) lol