This year's wagon competition

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
Are there there any sub categories in this year's compatition? Last year it was split into kit build and scratch built and there was a discussion on where none commercial 3D printing fitted within the categories. I have checked the website and there is no information apart from the subject for this year and next.

Marc

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
Marc,

The competition this year is for a 4 wheeled wagon, any wagon that you wish to enter. No distinction between kit built, scratch built or other techniques.

Tim

paulc

Western Thunderer
Ahhh has the heading been spelt incorrectly on purpose? CompEtition , not compAtion .
Sorry its my old school A levels kicking in again , I'll keep taking the tablets .

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
No need to take offence Marc, I don't think Paul's note was intended that way. Oh and he's been pulled up for a typo in another thread. :)) I'm also dyslexic, and rely heavily on the phone telling me when I've misspelled something, but my OCD side is much happier now that competition doesn't have an 'a' in it.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Tim (@Mudhen),

In the years BC there were two competitions with the same subject... one for kit built or RTR modified (the Chairman's Cup) and one for scratchbuilt (the President's Plate). Your recent post suggests that there is just the one competition and that competition is open to all models - so how are the Cup and Plate awarded?

regards, Graham

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
Tim (@Mudhen),

In the years BC there were two competitions with the same subject... one for kit built or RTR modified (the Chairman's Cup) and one for scratchbuilt (the President's Plate). Your recent post suggests that there is just the one competition and that competition is open to all models - so how are the Cup and Plate awarded?

regards, Graham
Graham,

The change is to encourage more entries, last year there was only one in the scratchbuilt category if I remember correctly. We will need to determine the how the cup and plate are to be awarded in the future.

Tim

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
With serious :D regards to the cup and plate being awarded why not have two categories in the competition.
One for rolling stock, what ever the subject is, chosen for that particular year and the other as an open category to include anything but rolling stock, i.e. entries could be a loading gauge, road vehicle, building or any piece of railway infrastructure etc.

Col.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
With serious :D regards to the cup and plate being awarded why not have two categories in the competition.
One for rolling stock, what ever the subject is, chosen for that particular year and the other as an open category to include anything but rolling stock, i.e. entries could be a loading gauge, road vehicle, building or any piece of railway infrastructure etc.

Col.

Is there a difference between a Scale 7 building and a big standard 0 Gauge one? My track is laid to 31.5mm, so assume my buildings will be too narrow...;)

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Simon (@simond),

Your last post is probably an inaccurate quote of the late Chris Klein's joke.... which Chris always said with a broad smile.

Chris was one of the few 7mm manufacturers who was prepared to listen to the (then) current S7 Trade Officer and put his money etc. by providing the S7 Group with pre-production samples of the Minerva Pannier to enable the group to work through ways of converting the model to 33mm gauge.

regards, Graham