7mm Whatborough Yard.

Whatborough Yard
  • Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
    The recent more comfortable weather - as far as working in my garage is concerned - has meant I have been able to resume work on what is now to be known as Whatborough Yard. Being of a certain age, recent circumstances mean that I, like many others am in lockdown, which means I have had perhaps a little m ore time to plan out this new layout. As a result, track-laying has taken longer and I found my original assessment of requirements fell short of my actual needs so I want to say a big thank you to Bill Campbell for his information about using SM32 track on the traverser - it saved my bacon, especially with many Peco items currently being non-available.
    The layout is fully laid now, but has to be wired - a job I am not particularly fond of, compounded by the fact that my soldering station packed up this past week and I await a new one being delivered. Whatborough was developed on the old layout with the addition of a new board and the original was designed for easy dismantling and moving. I had no reason to alter this system - after all if it ain't broke, etc.etc. - and it has advantages for me from the point of view of working on it. Thus the photo shows what will be the terminal end of the yard, this sub section currently being on my work table for ease of access. The station throat will follow it on to the table when this one is completed. More ( and better , I hope) pictures soon, once the basic layout is re-assembled after wiring.

Roger.

Attachments

• SAM_1998.JPG
      SAM_1998.JPG
      168.7 KB · Views: 27