40126's 16T Mineral Wagons Workbench

Western Thunderer
Here's the 4 wagons purchased off eBay..

img_2541.jpg

I have removed the plastic wheels & the couplings. Also removed the bodies from the chassis's.

The 3 'named' wagons are lima, the other is Tri-ang.

Steve :cool:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Thought the orange one said Ovaltine at first:D , probably makes about as much sense as banana's though.....godd old Lima :confused::))

How many have you aquired so far?

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Ovomaltine - the German equivalent of Ovaltine - make nice malted chocolate bars :) only available in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

I've never measured the Lima O scale wagons - do the bodies scale out at 1:43.5?

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
I asked the boss (Cynric) to do a fold up underframe for the Lima wagons as I have 31 that require them as they didn't come with them, I know he's busy got love his cotton socks

Western Thunderer
Update....

Another Triang mineral wagon bought off ebay. Someone was selling quite a few single wagons, only won 1. :rolleyes:

Western Thunderer
Update....

Another Triang mineral wagon bought off ebay. Someone was selling quite a few single wagons, only won 1. :rolleyes:

Finally rec'd yesterday, from post office !! Wouldnt fit through letterbox (daughter was upstairs & didnt hear him knock :rant: ).

Western Thunderer
Just a quick update on 3 of the 4 minerals.....

img_7091.jpg

Added modelstrip to rid of the writing on the sides :thumbs:

Western Thunderer
WOW.. Another update.....

img_7094.jpg img_7095.jpg img_7097.jpg img_7098.jpg img_7099.jpg

Forgot to take pic of the green 'Banana' body. modelstripped & cleaned. Now drying out ready for priming.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Looking good Stevie boy but you need to get that toothbrush out and clean off ALL the modelstrip then wash with warm soapy water.:thumbs:

Rob:)