American S scale in West Yorkshire.

34091 Weymouth

Western Thunderer
It's been a while since I actually posted anything on one of my own posts. I've been extremely busy with my day job, trucking!

I've been gathering up a number of S scale items recently & I've been awaiting a number of items to arrive. Today however a trio of kits arrived from Wisconsin. They are HRM laser kits by Scott Peterson. He does a range of Milwaukee road kits based on prototypes in & around Wisconsin.

20231202_131942.jpg

I decided to get a few basic tools out & start assembling the car repair shed. It's gone together very well, I built it differently to the instructions so I could paint it & add the glazing afterwards.
The kit came with a spare side which I'm going to use as a practice piece for weathering. As you can see I've already primed it with some Vallejo paint. I have a really good set they do for weathering wood which I intend to use on the kit.
20231202_203443.jpg

The model as it sits this evening.

20231202_203440.jpg

I'm going to add a few extra details here & there but so far it's been a breeze to make. I really like timber kits, I prefer them to anything else as they take paint well, are fun to make & look more natural that plastic.
The test piece I've scratched a load of extra grains into the boards which I hope when I weather will show up so I can transfer the idea over to the main model.
Tomorrow I want to move onto the next step of weathering & see how it looks. I've done something similar with a plastic kit & it looks good, I'm hoping this being larger than ho it's going to show up the details better.

Si

34091 Weymouth

Western Thunderer
After defrosting my hands & toes from a children's party at a ice rink I've had a bash at weathering the timbers on the spare part from the car repair shed. I'm happy with how it's turned out, I might add a little extra white to the mix yet but overall I think it looks very weathered.

Si

Attachments

• 20231203_163530.jpg
    20231203_163530.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 9

34091 Weymouth

Western Thunderer
This evening I've had chance to sit in the workshop & relax whilst painting up my HRM laser kit.
I've a few windows to add plus a few other bits & pieces. I've the stove pipe to paint & weather but the bulk of it is completed. I'm very pleased with how it's turned out, it looks suitably aged.

20231206_211438.jpg20231206_210836.jpg20231206_210841.jpg20231206_211520.jpg

Si

Music tonights comes from Stockports finest with their latest record which I thinks a great record.