7mm , Blackney, A Glimpse of the Forest

Alan

Western Thunderer
Mojo seems to be back as I have just bought a Classic Commercial kit of the Morris PV 15cwt van fom David Parkin (excellent service by the way0
Kit parts were clean of any flash and the instructions look very good. The van will become part of Frank Drake's fleet for items not needing a flatbed and needing some protection from the elements.

Morris kit 1.jpg

morris van 2.jpg

Will keep you informed of progress

Alan

Western Thunderer
I'd like to see the article. Believe it or not looking through my collection of MRJs I have no134 and no136 but not 135. Hell anyone.

Alan

Western Thunderer
Thanks to Dave (daifly) I now have a copy of Tim Shakelton's article on the Morris although he built it his as aBlack Maria.

Alan

Western Thunderer
Van body now painted in Frank Drake's colours ie Tamiya Sky Blue. Th blue rod/tube which you can see in the second photo is to house the side lights and winkers and rear lights which will be pin heads. You may notice that the gear lever has been shortened. I do seem to remember that gear levers were far taller than they are now.

The grill I'm not sure about, some were chrome but others were just painted black. So a choice Bare metal foil (chrome) Paint it silver (more aluminium type finish or just paint it black

Alan

Western Thunderer
Some slow progress on the Morris

Front now nearly finished, sidelights added grill painted. the two black things sticking out of the blue foam are the wing mirrors which will be the very last things fitted. some slight touching up to do on the side of the grill only revealed in the photo.

Alan

Western Thunderer
Almost there. Signage to do, if I do it, and then wing mirrors and then some weathering, and I suspect a bit more touching up. The flush glazing was a pain as my hands don't work too well so unfortunately there is some glue on the glazing, and I dropped the chassis and broke the rear back axle on part of the wheel. Some brass tube was used to make the repair and some plasticrdtube to do the broken wheel hub. and then covered with paint and when I weather some Forest mud.

paulc

Western Thunderer
Hi Alan , if you used canopy glue to fit the glazing you can scrape the excess off with a toothpick , there is a section on the GOG forum asking about what glue to use for fitting glazing .
Have a happy Christmas, cheers Paul

Alan

Western Thunderer
Paul, sorry for not replying earlier I used Glue'n'Glaze it does dry clesr but because of my ineptitude it smeared, so isn't as clear as would would. It looks as if it is a cold morning and dear Franks has given his windows a wipe with a slightly greasy rag.