Dummy Rivets

John D

Western Thunderer
Check out  www.archertransfers.com ..........they do what they describe as a resin rivet that can be applied like a decal . The 'surface details' section of their downloadable catalogue has all manner of interesting items.......be amazed  :drool: ;D

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
John D said:
Check out  www.archertransfers.com ..........they do what they describe as a resin rivet that can be applied like a decal . The 'surface details' section of their downloadable catalogue has all manner of interesting items.......be amazed  :drool: ;D
Yep, they're extremely useful:

Attachments

• IMG_0517web.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 0
S

Simon Dunkley

D816Foxhound said:
Hello,

I'm a bit late with this reply, but if you are after the Grandt Line rivets, they can be obtained in the UK from SB Models, PO Box 114, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA13 0WY.

http://sbmodels.uk.net/

Roger
Roger,

Thanks for that: a few useful 1:35 items as well.
I am now lighter of pocket...

Simon

S

Simon Dunkley

John D said:
The October issue of Model Railroader has an article which includes a method for making your own.

Basically, buy some plain decal sheet, and place over it a template with holes in it. These can be arranged in lines for individual application or indeed arranged to suit the required pattern on something. Make sure the template is well stuck down around the edges with masking tape, and airbrush paint over it, using it as a mask. Remove the template and you will be presented with DIY decal rivets which you can then transfer to your model.

Hope that is all clear - it is fairly straightforward, really.

S

Simon Dunkley

Simon Dunkley said:
D816Foxhound said:
Hello,
I'm a bit late with this reply, but if you are after the Grandt Line rivets, they can be obtained in the UK from SB Models, PO Box 114, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA13 0WY.
http://sbmodels.uk.net/
Roger
Roger,

Thanks for that: a few useful 1:35 items as well.
I am now lighter of pocket...
Actually, I would be lighter of pocket if their website registration process worked, and if they answered the phone...

S

Simon Dunkley

Re-registered, placed order. No problems.
7.gif