Finney7

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi,

I am delighted to report that I am one of the new owners of Martin Finney's 7mm range of locomotive and tender kits and accessories.

I have spent today with Martin Finney and we have completed the purchase of his 7mm business, taking possession of the 7mm assets. I would like to record my thanks to Martin who has done his utmost to ensure a smooth transition.

The hard work now begins. We have to catalogue what we have and work out the order of events from here. You will appreciate that until this is done, I cannot announce which existing kits will be released or when. I will let you know as soon as I can.

The web site should be live in the next couple of weeks, and I am the point of contact.

I am attaching our press release below.

Richard

Attachments

• Finney7press release.pdf
    114.3 KB · Views: 179

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Good to see that this range of kits has gone into the hands of guys that appreciate and understand what a good build able kit means and also realize what serious model makers want from a kit.
So glad they have not disappeared into the dark abyss that some other model ranges have done in the past never to be seen again! like Classic Commercials for one.

Col.

adrian

Flying Squad
Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 21.43.31.png
Congratulations - phase 1 of the Western Thunder Consortium?? All the very best for your endeavour, that's going to keep you busy for a while.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Richard,

Congratulations to you and your fellow members of the team, I hope that you have success in your future business. I'm looking forward to seeing your next press release.

regards

Mike

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
That's great news Richard and I wish you and your co-owners every success. :thumbs: I'm sure Cynric would have been thrilled by your announcement too. :)

Regards

Dan

Ian G

Western Thunderer
Thank you to you and your team for keeping this range going, will look forward to what other stock you will bring out.

Ian G

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Brilliant news.. Well done chaps...

But 'who' are 'the 6' ? I understand if it's a bit hush hush at the moment..

JB.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Richard,

If you are going to start a book for pre-orders... please put Peter / I down for a BoB and tender (as appropriate for Swanage).

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi Mark, Graham.

I am perfectly happy to take any serious pre-orders, but can I suggest that they are sent to the contact email Finney7Richard@yahoo.co.uk rather than via this thread.

As I said at the outset, there is a substantial amount of work to be done before any of the existing kits are released, including having new moulds and in some cases new masters made. So please bear with us while we go through the material.

Thank you, everyone, for all your good wishes.

Richard

Last edited: