First Layout Concept

AdamF

Western Thunderer
Well...

I am suffering from something of an inspiration overload!!

Having seen Alexandra Yard and read about how it was done (which has completely changed my perception of what is possible in small spaces) I spent a very enjoyable weekend this weekend darting through Oxfordshire to the Pendon Museum followed by the Didcot Railway Centre (a well beaten path I expect!) taking pictures of exquisite country modelling and GWR (preserved, admittedly) lineside details.

I am finding the call to model a country scene almost irresistable! Which has left me thinking that, with the space available, a need to model in Scale 7 and, as someone who used to love painting landscapes, a moving diorama/three dimensional landscape portrait would satisfy my desire to model something, if nothing else, which will "get the feet moving". I think, if done properly, it should be a very satisfying project. I mean, I could literally sit all day and look at this scene:

DSCN1853 (800x600).jpg

Just beautiful, evocative modelling!

Or this:

DSCN1865 (800x600).jpg

Or these:

DSCN1866 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1867 (800x600).jpg

And none of them have any trains in the scene!!!

Food for thought - a section of track with some detailed scenic modelling around the edges...

Apart from the inspiration from this weekend I do have to throw a consideration into the mix which I hadn't before, which is time. Work is getting busy again and I am not going to have time to build something particularly complicated (I have maybe one day each weekend for modelling, tops) and I want to crack on and achieve something!! And maybe I am procrastinating about the 517 build as it reaches a tricky stage... :oops::))

Plenty to think about - plans to follow soon :)

Adam

All images in this post were taken at Pendon Museum (where I will be returning... often...).