Grove Pit

Just thought I'd post a few pictures of my latest s scale layout.Its in the cameo style ,5 feet long although to make it workable,at the headhunt end there is an offstage extension and at the other end a small fiddle yard which enables me to manually discharge the coal wagons which have been filled under the coal loader.Bill.20221108_202601.jpg20221010_154342.jpg20221108_203215.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JimG

Western Thunderer
Bill,

Welcome aboard. We need a few more pictures, :) and, preferably, make them full size in the thread using the "Full" option on your attached files which will insert them in your message at the cursor point.

Jim.

A couple of ex mainline diesels at work today,the 04 is a Worsley Works body running on scratch built chassis,high level gear box,and Alan Gibson,4mm wheels shorted out to give split axle pickup.

The 08 loco is a Modern Outlines etching that became available in 3 16s scale ,along with castings from the S Scale Society.It ride on a sprung chassis,the rest being similar to the 04.

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Very nice to see your latest creation Bill, a lovely example that demonstrates that S scale is a delightful scale and very tempting.......
Can't wait to see more.
All the best
Julian

PhilH

Western Thunderer
Hi Bill,
Nice to see another industrial layout on here. As Jim said you can add your text directly under each photo if you wish and arrange it all exactly as you want it to appear in the reply box before you hit the post reply button.

Are the two Hunslets shown in the first post kit or scratch built ? The one with the green tank and black cab in the third photo is reminiscent of the livery used by the NCB's Kirkless Workshops in Wigan, and I've done one of the 7mm scale 85A Models 15" Hunslets in the same livery. This also included frames in red and wheels in green.

27. Bickershaw + Lyon.jpg

Hi Bill,
Nice to see another industrial layout on here. As Jim said you can add your text directly under each photo if you wish and arrange it all exactly as you want it to appear in the reply box before you hit the post reply button.

Are the two Hunslets shown in the first post kit or scratch built ? The one with the green tank and black cab in the third photo is reminiscent of the livery used by the NCB's Kirkless Workshops in Wigan, and I've done one of the 7mm scale 85A Models 15" Hunslets in the same livery. This also included frames in red and wheels in green.

Thanks Julian and Phil for the kind words and advice.The hunslets are both resized Judith Edge kits and the wheels are from castings available through the S Scale Society which need machining to fit the finished tyres also from the same source.20230316_123332.jpg20230316_123332.jpg

This is a view of the coal loading operation.The loading is automated,and seems to work quite well.I,ll try to explain in a later post.Thanks Bill.

Thanks Julian the trackwork components were funded with the help of S Scale Society members several years ago,injection moulded chairs,plywood sleepers and nickel silver rail.The trackwork still looks far too clean ,work in progress!The layout was a lockdown project and owes much to the fabulous Moving Coal series of posts from PhilH.Truly inspirational!The coal loader mechanism being a close copy of the one in the series.although mine is definitely the Poundshop version,being built from shellac card with wood columns but resulting in surprisingly, strong structure.Bill20230315_183159.jpg