4mm LNWR G in P4

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Hi here is the photo of the chassis. If Im honest im not that good at engines, but I seem to be able to get them to work
John

Mike W

Western Thunderer
John, if you want to be fussy, that frame spacer "boiler stay" went right up to the underside of the boiler with a large hole in its centre. The LMS, as part of their "improvements", cut then off flush with the top of the frames, like yours. It wouldn't be difficult to add a plate directly above it.

Mike

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
John, if you want to be fussy, that frame spacer "boiler stay" went right up to the underside of the boiler with a large hole in its centre. The LMS, as part of their "improvements", cut then off flush with the top of the frames, like yours. It wouldn't be difficult to add a plate directly above it.

Mike
Hi Mike is there a photo of it
John

john lewsey

Western Thunderer

Mike
Hi Mike, I have found it in LNWR locomotives so Thank you for that it would have bugged me. I have been toying with making this into a D instead of a G. The coupling rod etching allow for this. I would have to make new sand boxes and change some of the detail on the front Just underneath the smoke box Door.
John

Mike W

Western Thunderer
Personally, I think a D would look more different to the usual G1/G2. If rebuilt from a B the stay will be the cast iron type with an oval hole - nice!

Mike