Love Lane, B.R. (E) c.1956-59

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Been a while since I updated this topic. We haven't been idle and I'll post some pictures of the bridge at the country end later this week (when I have taken them).

I have been adding details to the columns supporting the platform canopies, especially the detail round the top. It's almost there

Column pic 2.JPG
Next stage is to get this 3D printed and get 22 of them cast. If anyone else would like some, please let me know.

Phil Healey-Pearce has just emailed me pictures of the crew rest room which is looking good

image1.JPG

We have also been experimenting with painting the platforms - again pictures later in the week.

John

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I popped in to see Peter last weekend on the way back from Norfolk, the bridge is looking very good indeed and far more in keeping with the area than the previous version.

Platform is looking good too! It's going to be a popular layout I reckon. I'd like to have seen the gardens, but they'd been taken away..

JB.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Just a few photos from yesterdays gathering, like a prize muppet I left the F stop at 4.5 :headbang: so incredibly short focal range, these are the best of what there was.

Loveless Deltic and Tims JLTRT Class 40
IMG_8343.JPG

Dapols new Terrier, later disassembled for inspection to see if it can be made S7, it can :thumbs:
IMG_8348.JPG

W1 frames, took them to check the rear overhang when I eventually get around to the S7 version.
IMG_8351.JPG

Heljan Class 26, last view before selling on.
IMG_8352.JPG

Loveless Deltic, again :thumbs:
IMG_8353.JPG

Colins scratch built B something or other, I was told, but in my defense I was more than mildly distracted by the infernal combustion engines elsewhere ;)
IMG_8355.JPG

IMG_8356.JPG

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
About time an update was given for Love Lane and the latest is that the layout has moved home from the East Anglian S7 Group's HQ to one of the members abodes.
The reason for this is purely space, we have been invited to exhibit the layout in October this year and the cassette/traversers have to be built and fitted to each end of the layout, these are each approx. 10'-0" in length and it would be impossible to do this at Sudbury, thus the move.

At the same time work is being carried out on various sections and items of the layout, some members working at home, whilst others are attending working days at the layouts location.

There is a lot to do and the group members have been contacted and know the score of what is required.

Here's a few shots of the layout in it's new position.

DSCF3483.JPG DSCF3484.JPG DSCF3485.JPG DSCF3487.JPG DSCF3488.JPG

I realise it looks a bit sparse but every thing has been removed to be worked on.

Col.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Wow, what a difference it makes having space around the layout and a decent amount of natural light too!

The layout looks amazing as it is before it's even finished. I have no doubt this will become a firm favourite at shows.. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing...

JB.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Particularly like the second picture, the way the natural setting sunlight is bouncing of the rails looks so real.

I'm looking forward to seeing this completed. :thumbs:

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
More work on Love Lane at the last meeting, water crane, ground signal ( not in it's proper location I might add, and who left out that check rail chair :rolleyes:) and station roof base temporarily taped together, although Tim seems to have glued his finger to it :)).

The lazer cut signal box is also in mid-build and we now have a base for the station road surface.

DSCF3501.JPG DSCF3502.JPG DSCF3504.JPG DSCF3505.JPG DSCF3506.JPG

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Susie kindly cut some station interior walls for Peter Insole to decorate. These were cut in thin ply and used the original drawings for the shell of the building so everything lines up perfectly.

Peter has started painting various parts. he's not too happy with the booking office wall but it should fine within the building, even when lit.

Interior 1.jpg Interior 2.jpg