LSWR(?) Horsebox

Jon Nazareth

Western Thunderer
I found this drawing of an early horsebox in a reprint copy of The Railways of Great Britain and Ireland by, Francis Whishaw. The drawings aren't particularly clear even with some parts missing. This may be a bad reprint copy or, the original is like this. Anyway, I'm going to make up a variation of this to go with the LSWR carriages that I'm putting together. There is a plan view but it is shown without the body which is a bit of a shame. I can't quite understand what is going on in the area where the hinge pins bolt on and the vertical strengthening pieces and what happens/gets in the way when the door is lowered. But, never mind, as I'm going to simplify that area when it comes to the build. I have some hinge straps left over from the LBSCR horseboxes and I shall use those but, I think that they may have to have some work carried out on them. I don't have enough space to display all of this new LSWR stock so, I've decided to attempt to sell off 6 scratch built LBSCR wagons and a pair of LNWR timber wagons made up from Mike's kits.

Jon

Scan_20240324-001.jpg