4mm LUMSDONIA ¦Layout and Website

Wigan FS Expo 2018
  • TimberSurf

Wifey et moi, went to the Wigan Fine scale exhibition. Not disappointed, some great layouts with fantastic detail. Lots of traders, so picked up some bargains as you do and some missing colours of paint for the production line.
    I took some video on my phone (so rubbish quality as usual), anyone recommend a good blogging DSLR? I am looking at the Canon EOS 200D but I am having difficulty swallowing the price! :(
    Here is a taster, lots of O gauge in the video for you big guys ;)

Wigan 2018 bridge.jpg Wigan 2018 garden.jpg

Last edited:
    Three Bridge Valley - Stone road bridge beginnings
  • TimberSurf

The stayed cable bridge has been fully cabled, the deck is made and prepared for all the cables. Stone bridge has one side completely covered. All 5 steel bridges are made and painted.
    First, the stone bridge, a look at the brickwork, rolled on with texture roller. Applied when soft to the underside.The corner stones are laid on after and grooved. This is the back (unseen side) that serves as the first go, I have yet to tackle the other side. I am not sure I like the corner sides sticking out proud (it was a quick fix to lay DAS on, after the sides had been applied).
    I have yet to decide if I can stomach routing out a rebate into the brick after laying the brick, although I could do it by cutting when soft when I lay the bricks on the other side.
    Yes I know the bricks ain't very even, but this was a test. Obviously rolling the pattern is good on a flat surface, but moving it to the bridge, inevitably allows stretch and misshaping before it lands! I am not sure that rolling on the bridge won't produce an undulating surface!
    Stone bridge wall frame 2.jpg
    Stone bridge underside 1.jpg
    Bridge back side.jpg
    Bridge Canal clearance.jpg