Tricky

Hi all, for a while I have posted on RMWeb but thought it remiss of me not to be on here too. I’m at Railex at Stoke Mandeville over the weekend with Midland in Tewkesbury and was chatting to a friend today who was extolling the virtues of WT. As I haven’t posted here for a while, I thought I’d change that, so here I am! If you’re around, please do come and say hello. Some of the younger visitors enjoyed trying to spot 5 pigeons hidden in plain sight. There were 6 but one took flight in transit between Tunbridge Wells and Railex! MIT is actually for sale as well as two tasty dioramas.
Once MiT is sold, I’ll be moving on to the next ‘Midland in…’ series. Which will be either Midland in Nottingham, based on the huge grain and goods warehouse as a backdrop with the canal in the foreground disappearing beneath the sidings in a very modelogenic fashion OR Midland in the Cotswolds based on a terminus a bit like Nailsworth. Bucolic termini were few and far between for the Midland so it could be quite special if I can pull it off. I’d be very interested to hear your thoughts on which one to do!IMG_9188.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Ah yes! If I can find the supplier of that chain I’ll let you know…!
And me too please... just so that I can appear to be on the "chain and ball".

Once MiT is sold, I’ll be moving on to the next ‘Midland in…’ series. Which will be either Midland in Nottingham, based on the huge grain and goods warehouse as a backdrop with the canal in the foreground disappearing beneath the sidings in a very modelogenic fashion OR Midland in the Cotswolds based on a terminus a bit like Nailsworth.
Some years back there was an entry for a S4um challenge which was based upon a goods shed in Nottingham... rather tasty so you can guess which way I would go.

Judging by the interest in your weighouse model it seems to me that the building deserves its own FB page.

regards, Graham

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
I am rather intrigued with the photo Richard, which one is yours? Is it the photo or my eyes(!) but it appears that two layouts are on top of each other?
Do you have more photos?
Cheers Julian

David Hall

Western Thunderer
I am rather intrigued with the photo Richard, which one is yours? Is it the photo or my eyes(!) but it appears that two layouts are on top of each other?
Do you have more photos?
Cheers Julian

Plus one to this Richard. I'm very intrigued to see more......

Tricky

Yes, I can see why it would confuse. Tewks is the layout with the fetching red surround. The other bits and pieces are dioramas that I also have for sale. I’ll dig out some more photos.

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
That makes sense now, I do like the little (?) layout in the foreground, what is it? Looks very interesting.
Cheers Julian