Modern Motive Power - new website

28ten

Guv'nor
However you look at it 20% is a fair chunk of the total cost.

David, so you have re-designed some of the existing range as well?

S

Simon Dunkley

Ressaldar said:
the tax is 1/5th of the nett cost and 1/6th of the gross price - two entirely different entities.
Mike,

I know, but if you look at what I directly quoted, the nett figure was being presented as the gross, which was my point - they are different.

Are we violently agreeing with each other here? ;)

Simon

djparkins

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
However you look at it 20% is a fair chunk of the total cost.

David, so you have re-designed some of the existing range as well?

If you all look at it another this way - MMP kits are subject to VAT because of the overall size of our business [due to the military kits] - but if these did not exist then we would be paying way more for our main kit components anyway [etchings and castings] and because we would not be able to re-claim the VAT on these input costs either - and as these would then have to be passed on to you all anyway [in order to preserve my 'tomato juice & prawn' profit mark up!], the selling price would be as high or even slightly higher that the current VAT inclusive prices.  Its interesting that this VAT thing has not cropped up on any other non-railway forum.  I suppose its because virtually every military kit manufacturer in the UK is VAT registered.

Cynric - see my post posting above - yes, the first generation [if you like] of diesel kits are now finished.  Kits have a life of ten years or so I think and then they need re-visiting/re-assessing to keep them up to date.  A bit like old girlfriends.

In model railways we seem to expect all things to just remain the same but think about any other puchase you make in life.  A car or a TV or a camera - you make the deal at the tme and you know that the exact same model will not be available in 5-10 years time as things would have moved on.  Many of the military kits that might be launched at the IPMS show at Telford in two weeks will have been completely forgotten about in ten years!

David Parkins 

28ten

Guv'nor
A big  :thumbs: for revisiting older kits. (not that there was anything wrong in the first place) I can't think of many kit manufacturers who revise their back catalogue.
I maybe getting confused, but did you have plans for a 'little willie' tank?

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Simon Dunkley said:
Mike,

I know, but if you look at what I directly quoted, the nett figure was being presented as the gross, which was my point - they are different.

Are we violently agreeing with each other here? ;)

Simon

I was merely clarifying what I thought was an ambiguous statement.

regards

Mike