Neptune Road - Inglenook shunting puzzle

D6331

Western Thunderer
I had wanted to build a shunting puzzle for some time. Obtaining a piece of loft insulation foam and reducing it in size to 47" x 12", I then fiddled about with some code 75 and 3 points. Normally 2 points suffice but i wanted a "private" siding at the front in which a loco or wagon could sit as shunting went on behind.
Rather than using an 08 or such for duties, I wanted to opt for shunting with a class 22, Hymek or class 24 so this was taken into account when getting the length of sidings etc correct - no room for error!
Six months later and last weekend saw Neptune Road appear at a local show where it was very well received..
Roger

Attachments

• DSC_4552.jpg
    DSC_4552.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 113

D6331

Western Thunderer
Thank you all very much indeed for the kind words. Since those pics were taken a few months back by my pal, Marc Smith, i have of course been pottering around adding bits and bobs hither and thither..

Attachments

• Class 22 BW.jpg
    Class 22 BW.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_4861.jpg
    DSC_4861.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 83

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Hi D6331.
                    that class 22 loco number rings a bell  :scratch: nice micro/Mini  layout . I like the class 22 is it a  silver fox conversion with a hornby 29 donor body ?

westernfan :wave:

westernfan

Western Thunderer
hi Jordan yes that would make  more sense as the body grills would need a lot of work if it was a hornby donor body. i want your o gauge 22  ;)

D6331

Western Thunderer
Cheers again chaps.
The 63'er is a Silver Fox resin body running on a Bachmann class 20 chassis. I removed the 20 bogie sides and replaced them with the resin 22 sides. The glazing looked a bit naff but i used it and i think it's ok.
Good points - the resin body cleaned up well and IMHO looks great. I did paint it in all over green to begin with as per the disc headcode type but then repainted into BR blue - as thats what I wanted! Tatty and grubby. Lovely!
The chassis ran like a dream from the box and without any running in, I put in a dcc chip - amazingly slow and has never stalled once to date! Nice.
Bad points - i didn't install spoked wheel sets - do i really care? No.

Muchas gracias - as they say in The Rhondda
Ciao
Roger

D6331

Western Thunderer
:wave:

Attachments

• DSC_4891.jpg
    DSC_4891.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_4850_SKY.jpg
    DSC_4850_SKY.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 77

D6331

Western Thunderer
Thanks Jordan - I believe that one Class 22 went into blue with discs but can't remember which it was.

Roger

Western Thunderer
D6331 said:
Thanks Jordan - I believe that one Class 22 went into blue with discs but can't remember which it was.

Roger

Hi Roger  :wave:

With a little bit of time to 'surf', i found a '22' in blue, But no discs, on the RPA site. Its D6334;

Attachments

• D6334 Exeter March 28 1970.jpg
    D6334 Exeter March 28 1970.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 74
  • D6334 Laira 1969.jpg
    D6334 Laira 1969.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 75

D6331

Western Thunderer
Thanks Jordan and Steve too for the pics.

A fair bit has changed on Neptune Rd since Marc took the pictures! Also D6333 in Blue with headcode boxes has now joined the "fleet"! Another Silver Fox body on a 20 chassis, now chipped too - runs like a dream.

Cheers again
Roger
:thumbs:

Western Thunderer
D6331 said:
Thanks Jordan and Steve too for the pics.

A fair bit has changed on Neptune Rd since Marc took the pictures! Also D6333 in Blue with headcode boxes has now joined the "fleet"! Another Silver Fox body on a 20 chassis, now chipped too - runs like a dream.

Cheers again
Roger
:thumbs:

Pics please Roger  :wave:

Steve  :thumbs:

D6331

Western Thunderer
Here's a quick couple of pics!
Roger

Attachments

• PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 74

westernfan

Western Thunderer
nice images , I came across an image of D6314 in early blue or non standard blue (not saying chromatic blue ) with SYP not that im into blue, gets coat

Attachments

• !BuJkQRwCWk~$(KGrHqQH-C4Evs(Rz(JWBL+Gf+W5ew~~_35.jpg
    !BuJkQRwCWk~$(KGrHqQH-C4Evs(Rz(JWBL+Gf+W5ew~~_35.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 96
S

Skaboy

Hi that is a very nice little layout you have there any chance of some more pics.

cheers

D6331

Western Thunderer
I'm SO sorry for duplicating a thread for Neptune Rd - I had completely forgotten that i had started this one!

:oops::oops:
Roger

NO! now I've added a post to this thread

shuffles out in a drunken state