On Test today.............

Simon

Flying Squad
Great to hear from you again Mark.

Those Warships look the business, especially the faded and careworn maroon of "Relentless":thumbs:

Must lay more track....

Simon

D816Foxhound

Western Thunderer
Mark had an official launching ceremony for his Warships this afternoon at his track and a few other locos put in an appearance as well....

D814 rounds the curve on it's way to Ilfracombe with a nice mid sixties mix of Southern green, maroon and blue/grey mk1s.
D814 passenger.jpg

Close up of D814
D814.jpg

Later in the day D814 was hastily taken off it's diagrammed passenger turn to rescue the St. Erth - Acton milks - the
crew didn't have time to change the headcode to 6A21.
D814 milk.jpg

Unfortunately, D814 required assistance from D6343 to get over the South Devon banks. The pair are seen near Dainton passing D839 which is heading west.
Hydraulics pass.jpg

Meanwhile, in a siding a dilapidated old GWR ballast wagon was noted in a partially fitted freight. Looks like the PWay gang have been having a tidy up somewhere....
Ballast wagon - junk.jpg

D6343 was diagrammed to trip the freight further west. In an attempt to "get the job done quickly", a bit of sloppy back cab driving resulted in the leading bogie coming off the road.....
D6343 off the road.jpg

With D6343 towed back to Newton Abbot for inspection, D839 continued with the freight.....
D839 freight.jpg

Whilest stopped at signals, a local basher was on hand to fot D839......
D839.jpg

..... and being a bit of an off roading enthusiast, the basher noted a series one Landrover on this Lowmac WE
Lowmac Landrover.jpg

D6333 had just been released from overhaul at Swindon and failed en route to it's home depot, Laira. It is seen recessed in the loop and awaiting assistance. D6343 was re-railed earlier in the day and is waiting for a tow back to Newton Abbot for inspection....
D6333 at Marks.jpg

A cracking afternoon and great fun operating passenger and freight trains.

The other locos were a Bachmann Brass 03, Tower Jubilee and Merchant Navy 35 024. Unfortunately, with
all these hydraulics about, the photographer ran out of digital film!

The Warships and D6300s are 1/32nd scale Fredd Phipps kits, the Mk1s are Tower Brass 1/32nd rtr coaches painted and weathered by Tower and Liz Marsden. The wagons are Mercian 1/32nd etched brass kits, the fuel tanks are G1MRC rtr wagons, the southern PMV is a Ken Martin 1/32nd etched brass kit and the milk tanks are Slaters 1/32nd kits.

Thanks to Mark for his invitation to his track. It was a real tonic and inspiration to see all these hydraulics together,
I can feel my "mojo" returning and must get on with my Southern PMV.

Roger

Simon

Flying Squad
FANTASTIC!

I need to go and lay down after all that excitement...

What a great day, thank you very much for sharing the pictures:thumbs:

Simon

Simon

Flying Squad
Postscript to Foxhound's post.

The Great Western ballast wagon is a lovely bit of scratchbuilding by Foxhound himself - great to see that it has been painted Roger:)

Those pictures are just awesome....

Simon

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
Hi Mark
About time you finished those Warships! They look absolutely D849 other superlatives D828 & D830.
Well it looks like you had good weather and lots of a hydraulics aswell, well done on becoming the premier WR 1/32nd D824, the Garden layout looks terrific, when's the next open day? I love the shot of Dragon on the curve at the head of a North Devon Train.
Well done to Mr Foxhound for putting a load into his scratch built GW pway wagon, I also like His low mac with that army jeep on it(straight out of Ashchurch camp!
Cheers
Mr Tiger Viking

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Wonderful stuff I remember the first time I saw a Warship in Devon when I were lad I amazed at the speed of the train .Your models look superb
John

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
The first Warship I ever saw was 807 Caradoc BFYE on the Newquay branch:drool:........ & I don't think I ever quite recovered from it!:D

Wonderful pics & wonderful models:):thumbs:..........my favourite so far is the Dainton Bank one (fourth one posted by D816 Foxhound) :cool::cool::cool:

Your not doing much for my resolve to stick to O gauge though :confused: :))

Cheers Phill :)