7mm Ranelagh Bridge west London Stabling point 1959/1964

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Great, yeah Paul and I was discussing whether the ground signals would have been red and white or red & green?
Every picture I have of RB shows the signals at Red. So any help would be greatfully received

JohnFla

Western Thunderer
Steve I spoke to Reg the stoker and mentioned ground signals ect they were known as Dodgers on the plate mainly used in sidings and shunting yards they were White with a band of Red.
Is that what you were after, if not could you give me a bit more info and I will find out.

John.

JohnFla

Western Thunderer
Steve, I saw Reg again and showed him a pic of what you are looking at, Big thanks to OzzyO.

The ground signals were known as Aspect signals which were first introduced on the Ldn underground before mainline took them on.
They had 3 diff colours 1 yellow meant caution, 2 yellow proceed with care as the next might be at Danger either displaying a Red or Green light, the yellow lights were to give the driver enough time to slow down before the next signal.
Signals also had ATC which was automatic train control and paired signals had detonators at their base to alert the driver in bad conditions IE Fog.
He loves talking about it and I have only summerised what he said. He would be happy to talk to you if you want pm me and I will give you his number.

HTH
John.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
I've loads of screws and four sets of spare skirts, I've made my own fairing walkway and will do the cylinder cover when I get to a satisfactory point on the A3.

Your welcome to any spare skirts you think you need, screws too as like above all the ones that attach the skirts are going spare. Beware the screws, they're a course pitch sort of self tapper and if your using them in and out or leave them in tight for long periods the Mazak tightens up and then you sheer the heads off. Sometimes they sheer off when tightening the first time, the screw material isn't really very good in all hnesty.

I may end up drilling all mine and tapping a machine thread instead, M2 or M3 if the casting will take it.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
No Hachette direct, they have to send replacements
Thanks for the offer though
Il see what happens but I wouldn't mind some spare skirts just in case any thing goes wrong whilst cutting them out. They Might not get used so you could have them back