Re: Saltwells

makhis

Western Thunderer
Saltwells Now Spinners End

Application of paint to engine shed and a trial plonk on the layout ,still loads to do. :)

Attachments

• engine shed 1.jpg
    engine shed 1.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1
  • engine shed 2 .jpg
    engine shed 2 .jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1
  • engine shed5.jpg
    engine shed5.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Saltwells

Hi Mike,

excellent stuff, lots of atmosphere already - looking forward to the next lot of photos.

cheers

Mike

makhis

Western Thunderer
Saltwells

Today I have mostly been altering Pheonix figures and applying paint to them. The Shunter who had a lamp and pole now has just a lamp and is opening the lamp hut door. This required repositioning his right arm and drilling out his hand so that it fitted the door handle. I have also started the carriage shed but need to buy some more plastic strip. I will post some photos a.s.a.p.
Mike

makhis

Western Thunderer
Saltwells

Embryonic carriage shed started a sort of make it up as you go along design and the modified figures.
Excuse the background - messy shed.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• carriage shed1.jpg
    carriage shed1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 2
  • carriage shed2.jpg
    carriage shed2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2
  • carriage shed3.jpg
    carriage shed3.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 2
  • porter.jpg
    porter.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 2

makhis

Western Thunderer
Saltwells - now Spinners End

Thanks guys, the roof is now on and covered with tar paper (a large brown envelope inside out), steps fitted and the whole thing primed. Now what coloured should it be painted? Suggestions welcome.
Mike

makhis

Western Thunderer
Saltwells - now Spinners End

I've applied a little paint to the carriage shed which now needs weathering and then it should be ready to plonk.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• carriage shed1.jpg
    carriage shed1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 52

makhis

Western Thunderer
Saltwells

Just a trial plonking session (sounds rude) ;D
Oh! sorry fellows- green engine. :))

Attachments

• spinners end4.jpg
    spinners end4.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 53
  • spinners end3.jpg
    spinners end3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 54

makhis

Western Thunderer
Saltwells- Now Spinners End

Well by way of explanation I thought I should explain the mismatch of buildings etc.

Spinners End although an actual place didn't have any passenger facilities is was just a goods depot. However in keeping to my Earl of Dudley themes I have not only bent the facts but I have in the best light railway tradition begged, borrowed and purloined a whole range of buildings. The Corn and Feed shed is based on an LMS prototype, the Station building is based on a Colonel Stephens building whilst the Ground Frame, Lamp Hut and Carriage Shed are based on GWR buildings. The Signal (unfinished) is ex Southern Railway and the Engine Shed and Coaling Stage are purely generic.

So here is a couple of photos :

Please note that no manufacturer has been harmed in the production of these bits. ;D

Attachments

• coaling.jpg
    coaling.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 53
  • signal.jpg
    signal.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 52

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Saltwells

Most excellent work there, :thumbs: re the signal is it a rail built type like  the southern types ish ? were they common on wr metals or is your model of a  light railway type where the old company would have used what they had if you know what i mean appoliges in advance for not knowing much about signals

Duh Duh whose coats that jacket im gone if only i read the text . yes nice SR signal :-[ :-[ :-[