Reading 0-gauge Trade Show Dec 6 2014

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
Unfortunately not now, my weekend has been well and truly mucked up.

We've discovered that one of the contractors rebuilding the flood-damaged portions of the house punched a hole in an underfloor radiator feed pipe (must have happened a few weeks ago) which slowly created a swimming pool under the floating (ha!) floor in one of the now-completed rooms. At least it explains why I've had to keep re-pressurising the heating system a couple of times each day for the last month or so.

Cue lots of Mutley-style mutterings as I emptied the room of furniture so they could rip off the new skirting, rip up the new laminate floor and the new floating floor to reach and repair the pipe, and to see the extent of the water damage.

Next I'll be emptying the adjoining room so they can rip the floor in there up too. Not a happy bunny. No siree. :(

Enjoy the show, spend lots of money so the traders can buy Christmas prezzies for their better halves, and try not to mention Dapol at the ABS stand...

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Unfortunately not now, my weekend has been well and truly mucked up.

We've discovered that one of the contractors rebuilding the flood-damaged portions of the house punched a hole in an underfloor radiator feed pipe (must have happened a few weeks ago) which slowly created a swimming pool under the floating (ha!) floor in one of the now-completed rooms. At least it explains why I've had to keep re-pressurising the heating system a couple of times each day for the last month or so.

Cue lots of Mutley-style mutterings as I emptied the room of furniture so they could rip off the new skirting, rip up the new laminate floor and the new floating floor to reach and repair the pipe, and to see the extent of the water damage.

Next I'll be emptying the adjoining room so they can rip the floor in there up too. Not a happy bunny. No siree. :(

Enjoy the show, spend lots of money so the traders can buy Christmas prezzies for their better halves, and try not to mention Dapol at the ABS stand...
Keep telling you, you need an ark...problem solved:thumbs:

Sadly no Reading for me, spent out this very evening on a couple rescue case locos (DA A3 & Gladiator unrebuilt Patriot), so it's out with the 'big' iron to de-construct these banana shaped frames and start again. Actually, if anyone has a copy of the A3 instructions I'd love a copy please, they seem to be absent from this box of mine LOL.

Anyway, y'all have fun tomorrow:thumbs:

Simon

Flying Squad
Sorry to hear that Adrian, tedious in the extreme but it'll probably make the final completion feel that bit sweeter when you get there.

Show-wise Ricard Webster dropped into the shop yesterday and showed me some very nice pre-production tank wagons which I guess he'll be displaying at the show - you lucky 7mm modellers.....

Have a good day to all those going:thumbs:

Simon

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Unfortunately not now, my weekend has been well and truly mucked up............
..........Next I'll be emptying the adjoining room so they can rip the floor in there up too. Not a happy bunny. No siree. :(

We need a 'sympathy' button. That must be so frustrating and disheartening. Keep going. You'll get there in the end.

Richard

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
Thanks - in the grand scheme it's a minor glitch, but is very frustrating given the closeness to Christmas, and that it's put the kibosh on going to Reading, which I tend to enjoy more than Telford.

Perhaps someone going to the show could see if Geoff Stratford has some news about the Gladiator range and relay it back here - ta!

markjj

Western Thunderer
Well I went and thought there was a very distinct lack of traders to what there were last year... I don't think it looked like there was as much money changing hands as in previous years either I don't know if things had improved after lunch....

Mark J

Emma H

Not sure about how much money changed hands, but that's me stocked up on various bits ready to dust the cobwebs off Moorgate and restart track laying over Christmas :)...

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi

I had a very enjoyable day, especially the nattering to everyone, and stocked up on consumables for the next few months. I seem to spend a fair amount of money on not much at all, but all essential items. I even found 3 sets of the old Slater's insulated hornblocks (sorry Steph:) ). It didn't seem any less busy to me, but until a trader tells us, I guess we won't really know.

Richard

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Good day for me too. The traders I spoke to claimed to have been busy,
It was also a busy day for me, catching up with members of this forum, which was great after a very busy couple of months, as well as Guild colleagues both current and past.
Purchases were a bit of a mixed bag for me; the last Finney Drummond tender in 7mm (ordered some months ago), some parts for making up tender hornblocks; a small stack of Laurie Griffin's castings.
High point of the day for me was seeing many years of research pay off in the form of a set of patterns delivered to Laurie G for him to add to his range: many thanks Simon! I confess to being delighted at Laurie's reaction...
Steph

Western Thunderer
Too far for me guys, + my team winning at home & a 40th bday party. had a great day thanks :thumbs:

Steve :cool:

simond

Western Thunderer
Great show enjoyed meeting some of the WT crowd, sorry it was a bit quick as the crew with whom I was travelling were keen to be in the way home. I hope we will have the chance to meet again.
Spent far too much money (again) but now have the track components to start the next layout.
Thanks to the GOGG for their hard work.
Best
Simon

Len Cattley

Western Thunderer
I had a great time at the show meeting and chatting to friends from WT. Had a nice chat with Dave Smith (MOK) about his up and coming kits, got myself a Brake van from that nice chap from Connoisseur. Thanks chaps from the GOGG for putting on a good show.

Len

warren haywood

Western Thunderer
Great day, a few new clients, had to meet so many people I forgot to buy anything;). Was supposed to order some motors from ABC and totally forgot:headbang:
Only downside was 4 hour drive home.
Nice to meet Brian at last no thanks to Steph:D

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Hi All

I would also like to say it was nice to meet fellow WT folk and to put faces to names, it helped having met Heather at a previous GOG show so I new when I spotted her I was in the right place, I came with a car full of KLOGGies and we had a 3hr drive home having been held up in Henley for 20mins
to to heavy traffic. Look forward to further meeting in the future.

Dave

clarky

Western Thunderer
I went.

I thought it was great.

It was actually nice not to have the distraction of any layouts.

Lots of lovely stuff for sale.

Only took me 55 minutes from here...................in my wife's car!!

Last edited by a moderator:

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Great day. Really enjoyed it. Bought a B R Models GWR railcar without bogies, and still searching for them. I'll try ABS next......

Met Simon T and had a good chat about alternatives if the bogies can't be sourced. Bought the parts needed for the LBSCR "K" from Laurie. Met up with Warren too - well, he introduced himself. Delivered a couple of bits of phosphor bronze. Bumped in to this guy called Steph. I thought the tankers from Lionheart looked great.

All in all a great day from my perspective.

Brian