Prototype Rocks By Rail Photo Charter

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Hi All

I thought you may be interested in some of the following photos taken by me last Saturday, weather was appalling but when you have committed to go, you go. This will be the 4th time we have come here and the weathers been bad every time.

I always try to look at some of the locos and rolling stock with a modellers eye, I don't always get it right.
The first photo is of a very old loco, a Beyer Peacock of 1879.

RocksByRail_1.JPG
RocksByRail_2.JPG

This is a tanker used as a water bowser for the locos

RocksByRail_3.JPG
Next is a very old coach see the thumbnails for details.

RocksByRail_4.JPG
RocksByRail_5.JPG
This is the same coach!!

RocksByRail_6.JPG RocksByRail_7.JPG

RocksByRail_8.JPG
This does say it is an LMS vehicle but I've been caught out before by someone with more knowledge than me.

A couple of photos of Iron Ore tippers.

RocksByRail_9.JPG

RocksByRail_10.JPG The Next set of photos are of work in progress.

RocksByRail_11.JPG
RocksByRail_12.JPG
RocksByRail_13.JPG

Finally a couple of night shots.

RocksByRail_14.JPG
RocksByRail_15.JPG

Dave.

Last edited:

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Lovely! I think the damp conditions actually add something special to the atmosphere of your photography. If you have any more images do please put them up!

Dave Bowden

Western Thunderer
Lovely! I think the damp conditions actually add something special to the atmosphere of your photography. If you have any more images do please put them up!
Hi Osgood
Thank you for the comments, We going to be away from tomorrow till next Tuesday (photo charter on the SVR with 7812 Erlestoke Manor on Monday) so I'll see what I can find when I get back. Of the 120 photos I took on Saturday I ended up binning half of them.

Dave

Devonbelle

Western Thunderer
Super shots. I like the coach body - on what looks like a milk tank chassis. The coach body could almost host Dan, in Titfield Thunderbolt ;)