4mm Ruyton Road revival

paulhb

Following a kind invitation from Chris Challis, Ruyton made an appearance at Railwells over the last weekend. Apart from a couple of tiny niggles which were soon sorted (albeit one I will have to revisit) I was really happy with how it operated. Very grateful for the many kind comments that were made and thanks to my friend Ash who kindly provided transport and invaluable operator help.

RailWells (1).jpeg

RailWells.jpeg

RailWells (2).jpeg

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Looks very nice in the exhibition setting Paul.
I do rather like the Steetley wagon, the interior is very realistic in this view.
Nice to see it out to play again!
All the best
Julian

paulhb

It’s very nice, and I wish I’d had the opportunity to see it in the flesh, but might I make a suggestion?
Please find a way to ensure the tunnelmouths are dark, rather than lit?

sorry to offer a grumble, but I hope it will help
Simon
Hi Simon,
You make a very good point and I’ve never noticed that the light in the fiddle yard was so obvious. Intention is to ballast and add some scenery to the small area beyond the bridge but now see I need to add something to stop the light distraction. Many thanks.
cheers Paul

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
Following a kind invitation from Chris Challis, Ruyton made an appearance at Railwells over the last weekend. Apart from a couple of tiny niggles which were soon sorted (albeit one I will have to revisit) I was really happy with how it operated. Very grateful for the many kind comments that were made and thanks to my friend Ash who kindly provided transport and invaluable operator help.
Hello @paulhb
Itt was great to see it in the flesh again after a span of years. You’ve done a really lovely job. I showed this thread to a work colleague, and she was amazed by the scene setting, and its authenticity.

Cheers

Jan