7mm Trethevy, NCR, SR 1930's.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Great to see you posting again, don't worry about progress (or lack of) we've all been up and down the last 2 years. Also great that you may well be coming back to the UK, it's been a while since we last met up at Telford. Really sorry to hear about your better half's loss. Any passing is hard but the passing of younger family members more so.

simond

Western Thunderer
Hi Peter,

was wondering where you’d got to. Good to see you on here again.

I can only add my condolences to those already posted.

you know where we are when you fancy a bit of contact.

best
Simon

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Peter,

have missed your Southern updates, so looking forward to reading more in the not too distant - from distant shores or wherever.

Sorry to hear about your wife's family loss, especially to the nasty virus.

kind regards

Mike

Peter Cross

Western Thunderer
Thanks guys for all the support.
I thought the other week I was going get back into the workshop. But, like most best laid plans, I'm pottering around the house. Basically, getting lots of little jobs done, so when we redecorate it's just lots of painting.

Peter Cross

Western Thunderer
Again, no posting of progress, as there has not been any. The layout has been dismantled. We flying to the UK on the tenth of next month. Lots of stuff has been sold, and the house is looking quite empty. My books, models and some tools are almost boxed into 23kg lots ready for storage or to come with us. We will be staying in the UK until January, then return to Brasil for my wife to apply for her visa, by which time we should of found somewhere to live, hopefully I can can find employment. Then we make a decision whether the boy and I return or I return alone, until the visa is acquired. Hope within six months we'll be back together in the UK.
Not sure when I will start another layout, but hopefully kitchen table modelling will begin again later in August depending on what I can bring with me this time.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Pete,

Best of luck with the move and getting employment and more importantly the family getting their visas.

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
Peter, may I join in with my belated good wishes for the future. During the height of the pandemic I did wonder (often) about your whereabouts with no postings. But like so many I found my mojo gone and spent a good while unable to do much in the Railway Room in France, went only once in each of 2020 and 2021. This year not much better with the new Schengen restrictions. Easy come and go seems a forgotten luxury, though Dover is not in our travel plans.

Bon courage, mon ami! Paul