Using your browser to look over the wall... or back in time

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Here is a You tube link...

which opens up new ways - to me - of researching the past in regards to buildings... both appearance and design.

OK - from some of the research avenues which are shown to viewers there is a pre-requisite that the building of interest still exists or did exist when Google built its geographic database. However, as the video progresses we are introduced to search facilities of digital archives which can provide insight into construction of buildings that might have been demolished or modified. I think that the video is only scratching the surface of what might be found in the basement of planning authorities.

Not worth the hassle? Well - where else might you learn that the blue proposed for a 21st century repaint of Coatbridge station is called "Pigeon" blue and find the corresponding RAL code?

regards, Graham

Last edited:

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
... a really neat servo point motor...
I have been trying to contact the creator to see if a 7mm scale version of the servo mount can be made available - still waiting on a reply. Who has used this product in 7mm?

simond

Western Thunderer
No sir, I didn’t think it would work well if both cam and follower were 3DP, (like materials, likely to wear and gall) so I pondered a Perspex follower with 3D cam, and a 3D follower with two part cam, and in the end achieved nothing.

you may draw your own conclusions…

one day, when necessity comes to call!

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
... I didn’t think it would work well if both cam and follower were 3DP...

Whilst the cam and the follower are 3DP, probably using the one resin, the cam does not touch the follower directly (intimately?) because there is a roller bearing (a) mounted on the cam and b) running within the follower.

rgds, Graham

simond

Western Thunderer
Whilst the cam and the follower are 3DP, probably using the one resin, the cam does not touch the follower directly (intimately?) because there is a roller bearing (a) mounted on the cam and b) running within the follower.

rgds, Graham
Thanks Graham, I now recall, that’s right, my mistake. I was put off by the desire at the time for them to be used outdoors.. I’m sure as designed they’re brilliant indoors.

Chris Veitch

Western Thunderer
he's quite prolific, involved in Templot plug track and a really neat servo point motor amongst other things

don't know where he finds the time (or the energy!)
Me neither. He seems to have a finger in every pie and still produce excellent results, filming it as he goes. I was just watching his video on his new laser cutting studio a few days ago. If I spent less time watching his stuff, I might be able to achieve about 1% of his productivity…