Weathered diesels.

Blueeighties

Western Thunderer
Hi Great HST works - I was wondering who made the kit as I wonder if any interest in rtr HSTs?
Robert
Hi, the kit is PRMRP I think. RTR HSTs have been discussed at great length.....I'd be surprised if a manufacturer took one one as there are so many power car, and coach variations, the tooling would run into hundreds of thousands of ££. And from a sales point of view, realistically how many folk have room for an 8 coach rake? Be nice to see regardless though.

Blueeighties

Western Thunderer
Detail detail. Maybes a step too far, but I do enjoy this stuff! I have been repainting a couple of 25s from green into blue and normally don't bother with the cab interiors, but thought I would have a go.
They aren't seen much, but it's nice to know they are 'done'.

The dials are from a pack of Railtec transfers I had lying around, the driver and second man are from Northumbrian Painting Services.

Northumbrian Painting Services25cab.jpg25caba.jpg25cabb.jpg25cabc.jpg25cabd.jpg

DougT

Western Thunderer
Those look great! I’m about to start a loco weathering journey and had been thinking the same thing recently, there’s not much point in making the outside grimy and work stained if the cabs are shiny and new. If anything, in the real thing, the outside gets more attention than the inside!

paulc

Western Thunderer
Kitbuilt locos. Something I have always steered away from, as the vast majority of diesel kits are long in the tooth, and pretty poor by current standards. Everything I have come across has always had issues with running too.

However.....

I attended the Barnsley O gauge guild show as a trader on Saturday. Really good, friendly, well organised, plenty of decent trade. I stumbled across this. It's a DJH factory built class 03. Finished as a GD machine, how could my arm not be twisted? Runs beautifully too. Considering the unbuilt kit price is now just over £500, the purchase price of £275 was a bit of a bargain.

All I have to do is add sound, weather, and possibly working lights.View attachment 188102View attachment 188103
Hi Lee , I'm actually building one of these DJH kits ar the moment . When you get to fitting the decoder and lights etc could you take a few photos so i can see which/what goes where . I assume the decoder will be ESU with a Leggoman sound file ?

Blueeighties

Western Thunderer
Hi Lee , I'm actually building one of these DJH kits ar the moment . When you get to fitting the decoder and lights etc could you take a few photos so i can see which/what goes where . I assume the decoder will be ESU with a Leggoman sound file ?
Hi Paul. I prefer Zimo/Paul Chetter for 03s and 08s. Bags of room inside to fit a chip and speaker.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I first photographed 'Tamworth' for the mags when it had been repainted. 25 912 then settled down to mainly working the gunpowder train from Maentwrog Road to Llandudno Junction. It took on a flat dusty appearance and looked reasonably cared for while working in North Wales.

jonte

Western Thunderer
It's a real shame to see stuff like this, let alone have to re-work it. This class 25 is as received by a customer. Into the stripping bath we go, and lets do a proper job.

I do hope others haven't had the pleasure of this clown.View attachment 197683View attachment 197684View attachment 197685View attachment 197686View attachment 197687View attachment 197688View attachment 197689
Perhaps it looked like this?

Will be interesting to see the results of your work, hopefully alongside a photo of the prototype from which you’ve worked.

jonte

Blueeighties

Western Thunderer
Perhaps it looked like this?

Will be interesting to see the results of your work, hopefully alongside a photo of the prototype from which you’ve worked.

jonte
'Looked like this'? That's a so called 'professional' job. Unfinished varnish patches, damaged transfers, loco damage, and a shocking sound installation.
Can't remember seeing those details on the prototype.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
'Looked like this'? That's a so called 'professional' job. Unfinished varnish patches, damaged transfers, loco damage, and a shocking sound installation.
Can't remember seeing those details on the prototype.

There are some real charlatans out there who offer a "professional weathering service".

I do hope this original attempt wasn't paid for.

Rob

Blueeighties

Western Thunderer
I first photographed 'Tamworth' for the mags when it had been repainted. 25 912 then settled down to mainly working the gunpowder train from Maentwrog Road to Llandudno Junction. It took on a flat dusty appearance and looked reasonably cared for while working in North Wales.
Hi Larry. Would be nice to see some images.

paulc

Western Thunderer
Hi Paul. I prefer Zimo/Paul Chetter for 03s and 08s. Bags of room inside to fit a chip and speaker.
Hi Lee , is that because of the sound file ?
I normally use Zimo decoders but after reading previous postings assumed you would use an ESU , silly me .

Blueeighties

Western Thunderer
Afternoon guys, been a wee while, mega busy!
Today's finished loco is a Heljan Railfreight 37/4. Named and numbered as 423, 'Sir Murray Robinson'.
Cab door recesses have had the painting error corrected, metals sector decals added, DC Kits-Legoman Biffo DCC Sounds fitted, and weatheredFB_IMG_1699554810416.jpgFB_IMG_1699554807607.jpgFB_IMG_1699554804650.jpg