Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Nowt wrong with racing trains :rolleyes: . Used to do it on a friend's large Austrian exhibition layout. Still do occasionally when I help on another friend's large East German exhibition layout. Haven't been banned yet:oops: .

D

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
It's a terrible habit I've got, similar to only weathering the one side of some rolling stock, or even sometimes having locos with a different number each side...:rolleyes: :oops:

...........but it does mean that you get twice the pleasure - for half the price - especially if you have been at the vino:)):)):))

cheers

Mike

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
as they used to say at the start of Stingray.... "Anything can happen in the next half-hour..!!" :confused:

"And usually does"! So what is likely to happen down Soo-th Soo-n?

Serious for a mo, where is Soo country and what does Soo mean?

regards, Graham

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
*Adopts Darth Vader voice* And then, my young Apprentice, you will know the power of the Dark Side..... *evil laugh* (followed by wheezing coughing... I don't think Darth could do an evil laugh actually..!!! :)) )

I thought that everything from under that helmet was an evil laugh....

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
For the answer to that, you could trawl the Area 51 archives, where, in the very early days of Western Thunder, I answered that very question, here..... ;)
In fact the thread that post was taken from - http://www.westernthunder.co.uk/index.php?threads/area-51.52/ - discussing the setting up of an Area 51 for non-Western Region "goings on" - is quite interesting too, looking back.

Thank you - been there, done that, T-shirt still white (and no red).

Okay guys, History Lesson Time...
Sault Sainte Marieis a town in Michigan's Upper Peninsular which is on both sides of the Saint Mary's River ...

Until I read this I thought that my geography was up to scratch... How can a peninsular be on both sides of a river?
# e.g. "aluminum" instead of "aluminium", "color" instead of "colour" etc etc etc... :p

May need to be careful here... the original name given to the element Al was aluminum... by us. Them over the pond thought that the original spelling did not roll off of the tongue too easily (shades of white man, forked tongue, speak etc.) and so renamed the element as Aluminium and we followed suit.

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Following on the history lesson to come up to date the SOO Line took over the Milwaukee Road and subsequently became part of the Canadian Pacific empire but it kept it's corporate identity. However the locos are now being painted all over SOO Line red :( instead of the SOO white/red :D .

S

Simon Dunkley

I have followed most of this.... except... what is a team track?
General goods siding, with public access - as often found in most UK stations at one time.

So called because you could drive your cart and team of horses up to the trackside, to load directly.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
I love American terminology Cars (wagons), Spur(Siding), Track side (line side), Shed (depot).

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
The advantage here is that the handset can be unplugged from one location, and plugged into the next, without affecting the train movement (if one is moving, of course!).
Excuse this question Oh Master... how does one get from one location to the next location without moving?

(truly Mr Dunkley shall provide an answer from the teachings of Buddha)

S

Simon Dunkley

Young student by name of Jordan, he progressing well on his path to enlightenment.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Today I've finished a little project that's been on the go for a few weeks; I've fitted 'safety lights' to the loading bays at the main freight shed.

The lights are usually on the Driver's side of the door. Naturally, as we're in the USA here, that's for left-hand drive. From normal viewing angles on my layout this means that with a trailer in place the lights can't be seen anyway!!

oh b******r...:oops:

:rolleyes: :)) :'(...

BTW - the line of the curves is really good to look at, great trackwork :thumbs: .