ALSRM Reading show - 10 May 2014

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Anyone going?

I expect to be there and so too a few others I know of from this illustrious establishment.

Shall we say 1 o'clock by the G1 live steam test track, just for a change of scenery?

Steph

taliesin

Western Thunderer
I shall be there, helping setting up Anglia Roads on the Friday and running on the Day, cheers Rob

S

SteveO

I, too, hope to go. I may have to pick my wheels up, and maybe one or two other bits. I missed you all last time while nattering to all the people who've sent me some nice parcels recently.

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
I suspect a large wedge of cash will disappear into Slater's coffers from me, as well. Wheels, motor, gearbox, detailing parts.

*checks bank balance hurriedly*

I hope to chat to Warren, and Driver Fred, about life, the universe, and painting stuff. It'll be a busy show. Looking forward to it.

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Heather,
I too am coming up to chat to Driver Fred and give him some bits. Maybe see you there. (I'll bring a drawing;))
Simon

warren haywood

Western Thunderer
Confirmed today I will be coming, I will be looking after John Riley's ( finescalebrass) stand as he can't make it along with Liz from Cromford designs.
Warren

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Confirmed today I will be coming, I will be looking after John Riley's ( finescalebrass) stand as he can't make it along with Liz from Cromford designs.
Warren
Am I right in thinking that the finescale brass is continuing in production and that the factory is not closing down and the range is going to be expanded?
Thanks

taliesin

Western Thunderer
Warren
Shame about John as he's a top fellow but Liz the Queen of painting and lining is always a delight to see, cheers Rob

warren haywood

Western Thunderer
Steve,
No, the factory is closed for good. There are stocks of some and some have sold out.
I know John is doing a run of 9F's with Laurie Loveless under his 55H banner and he may have other projects in mind but not through Sangchen
Cheers Warren

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Do you want to share the journey Martyn?

Hi Steve,

I will be taking another Steve from Worthing who is disabled, but there will still be more than enough room in the car so your more than welcome to join us :thumbs:.

I would have thought that West Sussex was fairly local. It's only in Berkshire after all.:D

Hi Paul,

Yes I agree I am not that far away, I was just pulling Lens leg, although I know you have a fair journey ahead of you. I also use to live in France but further down in Dept 23 La Creuse, so I had to limit myself to just the one show a year so it had to be Telford :D.

ATB,

Martyn.