Loco Kit I.D.

mth

Western Thunderer
Hi All
I've been asked to finish 2 steam loco kits for an old club Member :headbang: :headbang:, and was wondering if anyone can help me I.D. the kits :headbang:

Attachments

• DSC00002.JPG
    323.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 10
G

Graham Powell

The one in primer is LSWR G6 by Roxey Mouldings. Gateneal would have been the suppliers of the motor and gearbox. The other one is probably by Connoisseur.
rgds
Graham Powell :thumbs:

adrian

Flying Squad
The Jinty is a Connoisseur kit, having just finished one all the tell tale signs are there. The cast roof, oversized coupling rod bosses, coal rail, smokebox construction etc.

I don't recognise the first one, so as Graham mentions it could well be a Roxy Mouldings kit. Although I seem to remember that Gateneal produced a good number of their own loco kits, not just motor and gearboxes.

Adrian.

G

Graham Powell

The G6 is on the Roxey Mouldings website. I thought at first being whitemetal it was CCW but they didn't do a G6. John Berry of Gateneal did a couple of w/metal kits but I'm pretty sure that they were GWR. I built a 64xx for a customer which funnily enough I had forgotten all about until yesterday when I discovered a photo album of customers models. There is a very nice scratchbuilt Brit in there called Royal Star. I wonder where it is now the owner having died?.  I often wonder where some of them have ended up.
rgds
Graham Powell :)) :bowdown: :thumbs: