7mm Project 47: Brush Type Foul

S

SteveO

Unfortunately the garden has been declared a non-negotiable 'Toddler Zone'. However, there is room for a shed!

S

SteveO

Tentative enquiry - what would this be worth as is? I've found another project but can't afford it...

Western Thunderer
I've sort of broached the subject with SWMBO in attempts to 'test the reaction'.... I don't think she'd be entirely against the idea, but the problems I foresee are that a) I'd be expected to participate a helluva lot more in the actual act of Gardening (I just don't fall for Phill's description of it as "Scenic Modelling" :confused: :D ) and b) I'd be laying myself open to such questions as "Just how much stuff do you have?" and "How much is that one worth, then?"...... :( :oops:
Jordan,

Get the SWMBO to help with the garden railway, She can do the garden & you do the railway ! :p.

Mine has lots of ideas now, now that ive told her of my plans. She's using the terms, that would look nice there, & that would help there ;)

Steve :thumbs:

S

SteveO

Aha! There is news but not that great, unfortunately.

Heard back from Heljan after their 2-week company holiday and it's not good. Stock for 47 spares were out of stock and have been for months. I tried a few numbers of French, German and Spanish spares stockists but came up empty (just in case there were a few ex-pat 7mm'ers out there).

We still haven't unpacked all our boxes so my box of railway goodies is firmly taped shut in the loft until I've done all the jobs I've supposed to have done way before now... When I get around to it, I'll see what the MMP 47 detail pack contains to see if I can salvage anything from there. I'm not too worried about glazing but the body detail is absolutely necessary as it was mostly superglued scrap.

Since my epiphany a little while ago (and therefore a definite number, type and livery of locos are known), the 47 will be very much surplus to requirements so my enthusiasm has waned slightly as I know I'll only be completing it to sell on. Same as for the 31 as I now know I'll need the first generation types. And I'll need plenty more DMUs too.

That's the state of play right now. The plus side is that I have a loft, if only temporarily until I sell my house. I can build up there and leave things out without any fear of little sticky fingers taking an early interest in scalpel blades and hot irons!

Western Thunderer
How was your communication with Heljan ?. Were they ok that you contacted them ?. I only ask,as I need some bits for my 26 & 27 chassis, to go with the body shells I bought from Telford, & they're out of stock at Howes.

Steve

S

SteveO

Hello Steve, yes it was. I used their email link on their website and was communicating mainly with a very nice chap called Frederick. He was talking to someone else though so he's not the top man over there, but he was very helpful.
Good luck with your bits!

Western Thunderer
Hello Steve, yes it was. I used their email link on their website and was communicating mainly with a very nice chap called Frederick. He was talking to someone else though so he's not the top man over there, but he was very helpful.

Thanks Steve. Let you know how I get on

Steve

Western Thunderer

Hi Steve

Just got a reply from Heljan via Howes

A very polite reply telling me that the spare parts were put on a sprue when the main parts were made So if no more class 33's being made then there will be no more parts !! :'(

Disappointed to here that So prob need to scratch build the bits i need :( Or wait for them to go on eBay !! :rant:

Steve :cool:

S

SteveO

Sorry to hear that Steve, I have the same problem too. I'm in no particular rush for mine though as its not part of my Grand Plan any longer. Now I need a shed load of DMUs!

Steve

Western Thunderer
Sorry to hear that Steve, I have the same problem too. I'm in no particular rush for mine though as its not part of my Grand Plan any longer. Now I need a shed load of DMUs!

Steve

Have you not done a thread for your layout on here ?

Steve :cool: