Albion Yard & Others

PMP

Western Thunderer
OK. I'll ask the stupid question. How do they work then?
Not a stupid question. They fit into the NEM socket on each coach and form a semi permanent link for rakes of coaches. So once they’re coupled and placed on the layout the coaches will run as a fixed formation, in the same way the twin pipe supplied couplings work, except with an improved appearance.

cbrailways

Western Thunderer
Not a stupid question. They fit into the NEM socket on each coach and form a semi permanent link for rakes of coaches. So once they’re coupled and placed on the layout the coaches will run as a fixed formation, in the same way the twin pipe supplied couplings work, except with an improved appearance.
Thanks for that. No good for a layout with lots of coupling/uncoupling then.

PMP

Western Thunderer
Thanks for that. No good for a layout with lots of coupling/uncoupling then.
Not if you’re splitting rakes. My operating will have short fixed rakes so they work well, suspect they’ll be as good on longer formations too.
A long time ago I used body mounted Kadee #5’s on Mainline mk1’s quite successfully which allowed uncoupling. I was using EM and B7 points minimum radii.

PMP

Western Thunderer
8C8AFA90-A82F-4A87-8E57-B439A9FC903D.jpeg
bit of roof work on another A44, like buses, just about finishing one and another turns up :)
3BD87F49-DF12-4BC6-B917-1487500548E4.jpeg
Another interesting arrival, a DJH 2-10-0. This one bought as I’ve always wanted one, not a very good runner, the chassis’ need work to resolve them, but one off the bucketlist!

PMP

Western Thunderer
7D744E17-58B2-4E03-A2AD-FB725D116F4A.jpeg
After a couple of cold ones (see above), I dun some painting. Halfords grey primer followed with a coat of their camouflage brown. Next step is to live with it for a few days running it with a wide variety of stock and make sure all electrical areas are clear of paint and detritus.

PMP

Western Thunderer
A263B9A6-932D-4EC9-B178-CE1BC428011B.jpeg
The A44 recently left the building to its new owner. It was interesting doing a coach kit after many years of having done one, not sure I’m wanting to rush back to doing another. It certainly ups my respect of Larry and others who do these professionally.
B71FF150-8716-4849-A5F9-D39CA5D38449.jpeg
In for a new project is this non runner, a contemporary release Grafar N gauge 08. A quick check indicated the motor was u/s, so I’m awaiting a replacement to fit.

Jon Gwinnett

Western Thunderer
I love the look of Finetrax, but suspect I would never have the patience or skill. Maybe one day an N version of Ready to lay bullhead or similar will appear.

PMP

Western Thunderer
How far N has come on in recent times, eh? Without couplers, and on such good track, that picture could easily be a "Guess the Scale?" photo.
It really does show what some of the potential of N is, when you step away from streamline type track. I was pleasantly surprised as to how well this point went together.
C40ADF49-7E23-444A-80B8-9E3933AEAD05.jpeg
Subsequently the 08’s big brother arrived, and despite not being particularly interested in O gauge, this rendition of the 08 has ticked the box for me. I’m not sure we’ll see an O Shelfie, but I’m not ruling it out!