4mm Life in a Northern Town - Ever more York

Neil

Western Thunderer
Woodwork, woodwork and yet more woodwork. I'll eventually get round to model making but I've had other stuff to do first, let me explain.

Here's the home of Northern Town; behind the jungle and pergola lies a flat roof garage. The last couple of times I've been working in it I've heard a mewing from the roof. It looks as though Fred can get up there but can't climb down so I've had to get the step ladders out to fish him off the lean to shed roof at the rear.

pergola.jpg

Thinking of times when I won't be there to retrieve him I thought I'd best provide an easy route down as he's not the most nimble of cats. Here I've adopted model railway technology to fashion a different sort of cat flap.

cat flap 1.jpg

There was already one step down in the form of a shelf so all I've done is to add a hinged bit to the lower shelf to give him an intermediate step, which can be folded up for access to the wood store.

cat flap 2.jpg

Inside the garage the mug holders are now in place; scenery beckons.

mugs 1.jpg

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Won’t those mug holders work in the very same way as the cat-flap-shelf by the wood store, thereby allowing Fred a leg-up onto the townscape?

Neil

Western Thunderer
Away from the imperative of providing drinks and snacks I thought I'd best try and finish off the grocers and the tree surgeon's yard next door. I'm happy that they can take their place on the layout though no sticking down as yet as there's more work on the layout itself to the side and rear that I want to do before final placement.

yk 376.jpg

yk 377.jpg

yk 378.jpg

yk 379.jpg