PjKing1

Western Thunderer
I was hoping to crack on today but I’ve got some form of lurgy so hardly anything done other than a bit of Templot. The track plan has changed slightly, I’ve removed one of the sidings, this will now allow me to it into 8’x2’ which means I can use the two existing Tim Horn boards I already have. It’ll probably also make it more prototypical for the space Lime Steet has to offer.

Paul

jonte

Western Thunderer
Best keep a crash hat handy in case that one gets hurled, Paul ;)

Thought of you yesterday on my return (the long way) from a visit to York. Travelling along Eastway from the direction of the ‘58, (running into school traffic in the process :mad:), I noticed the recent ‘The Frank Hornby’ legend in gold letters on the side of the old Everest Pub as you correctly pointed out.

Maghull really does seem busier than ever these days: The Square was bouncing and proved really difficult to park.

Jon

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
Best keep a crash hat handy in case that one gets hurled, Paul ;)

Thought of you yesterday on my return (the long way) from a visit to York. Travelling along Eastway from the direction of the ‘58, (running into school traffic in the process :mad:), I noticed the recent ‘The Frank Hornby’ legend in gold letters on the side of the old Everest Pub as you correctly pointed out.

Maghull really does seem busier than ever these days: The Square was bouncing and proved really difficult to park.

Jon
Morning Jon it really is a busy place these days, I was probably in that school traffic to picking our Rosa up. Must admit the square can offer quite an amusing hour or two just watching the standard of shocking parking, people just dump their cars anywhere and apparently the white lines don’t apply to Maghullians :)) That’s if you can get a space that is!

As for the hard hat I have a 40 proof one on standby ;)

Paul

jonte

Western Thunderer
:))

Talking of parking, my wife was just popping to the bank so I remained with the car, having just about managed to park centrally between the white lines (the van to the near side was on the white line making it difficult for the Boss to alight; I had no choice but to remain as the car to my offside was also parked on the adjacent white line, although thankfully the driver was at the wheel and about to leave). Having done so, I realised that the car parked next to that was also parked on the white line, which is why this driver leaving was parked thus. I then observed as a couple of would-be parkers in their SUVs fruitlessly attempted to park in the narrowed gap between mine and the other awkwardly parked car as described. Unfortunately, ‘twas I that got the funny looks as they gave up and drove off!

Wish they’d open up all the branches that the powers that be thought a darned good idea to close so I wouldn’t have to run the gauntlet of The Square again. No doubt, some forward thinking future banker will be promoted on the basis of another bright idea, involving providing local branches for their customers to visit :rolleyes:

Btw, got the thumbs up from your guys as I recognised their worthy cause with a swift ‘toot’ of my horn on passing York railway station yesterday :thumbs: And what a fabulous station it is as I discovered on passing through en route to the National Railway Museum. It immediately brought to mind the fabulous ‘N’ gauge exhibition layout recently doing the rounds, which is so cleverly represented in its cabinet.

Jon