Love Lane, B.R. (E) c.1956-59

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
Well I was expecting some ribbing when I turned up today, and the rowdy lot were in fine form, led by Mickoo, with calls of "Here come the rozzers!" and "You've not got any jurisdiction here, chum!" My friends...:))

Here are some photos of the day's proceedings.

01.jpg
Mickoo's cans of BR green cider proved to be a surprisingly in-gauge load on the LT Long GP wagon.

02.jpg
Though he'd prefer 5000 gallons of cider from this be-riveted green tin can. Nice paint job! :thumbs:

03.jpg
John Birch's NSW Railway 49 class. Bit of a beastie.

04.jpg
More traditional Essex traction. Sand drag on the left.

05.jpg
Textures and colours in the ballast are coming along nicely.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg
John Birch's NSWR class 44.

11.jpg
J15 65475 in the Up platform.

12.jpg
Peter Hunt's mock-ups of the station building.

13.jpg
Yes, he really has mocked up the desks in the booking office.

I took a couple of vids of the 44 class growling along the track and will post them up tomorrow.

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
A very welcome visitor at yesterday's meeting was Peter Insole, a member of the guild of Railway Artists (check out examples of his work in their site)

We have been working lately on a decent effect on the brickwork in all the walls in the layout, especially the walls at the back of the station platforms. Peter set to and spent almost the whole day painting wall sections while also explaining the techniques he was using to us. Peter brought some pictures of stations in what is now the Hainault loop and pointed out the major mistake Tim & I had been making - the mortar is black!

I'll add some pictures of Peter's work when I next visit Sudbury

Incidentally Peter is the bearded one in the background of the picture of my 49 class

mickoo

Western Thunderer
A very welcome visitor at yesterday's meeting was Peter Insole, a member of the guild of Railway Artists (check out examples of his work in their site)

Unfortunately the Guild site doesn't show some of his better (in my view) work, his Stratford ticket hall (the real one, not this modern sterile uninspiring mess we have now) is stunning and his Maryland 306 EMU on a foggy evening is just how I remember my daily commute to college! the colours and attention to detail is remarkable.

Sadly a lot of his work is on commission which means 'one' copy only which is a shame as I'd love a copy of his Stratford ticket hall.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the pics Adrian!

I was desperately hoping to make it yesterday, but it was about a week too soon really. Hopefully make the next, but if not it'll be the christmas bash with the missus and Freddie's first foray outside of essex. Any extra fingers and toes will be dropped off at the border on the way out of course.. ;)

Nice work on the tender Mick, looks pretty spot on, and once it's been filthied up...!

JB.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
A very welcome visitor at yesterday's meeting was Peter Insole, a member of the guild of Railway Artists (check out examples of his work in their site)......

Unfortunately the Guild site doesn't show some of his better (in my view) work, his Stratford ticket hall (the real one, not this modern sterile uninspiring mess we have now) is stunning and his Maryland 306 EMU on a foggy evening is just how I remember my daily commute to college! the colours and attention to detail is remarkable..........

When I first saw Peter Insole's work I initially thought they were photo's, they are that good, he really deserves more recognition :thumbs:

Col.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
I'd love to be able to replicate that Stratford ticket office in model form, I'd forgotten what it looked like until I saw Peters artwork and then suddenly I was there, all the sounds and hustle and bustle and queuing for tickets etc :)

All this GE talk is not helping me finalize my layout design :headbang: