Love Lane, B.R. (E) c.1956-59

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Looking great, and looking forward to Brightwell very much!

On track (see what I did there...) to have two N7's in paint at the very least...

JB.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Update on Love Lane with some shots from this Sundays meet at Sudbury.

First up are some of the mock-up buildings made by Peter Hunt ( yes I did say mock-up, there too good really)
The Station Masters house and the signal box.
DSCF3241.JPG
DSCF3242.JPG
DSCF3248.JPG

Work continues on the sand drag by Dave Rayner who has glued down a peice of foam as a basis for the sand covering and made a superb job of the boards and brackets that hold them to the sleepers, while John Birch has been getting some excellent results, using acrylics, painting the brickwork on platform edges and station walls.

DSCF3246.JPG
DSCF3247.JPG

DSCF3245.JPG
DSCF3244.JPG

Col.

Attachments

• DSCF3243.JPG
    DSCF3243.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 24

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Managed to take a couple of shots of progress on Love Lane at last Sundays meet.

The sand drag has received some sand. Just waiting for some weeds etc. around the edges.

DSCF3250.JPG

Looks like Scale7JB has been around :D as there is now evidence of ash disposal in the loco spur.

DSCF3251.JPG

Ground surface may need a bit of filling ?in this area, apologies for the out of focus shot.

Col.

Susie

Western Thunderer
Hi All,

Not knowing anything about the GER can some of you advise?

For Love Lane, would an N7 be appropriate for pulling the Quint-art set? If so, would it have been rebuilt with a round-top Doncaster (Huzzah!) boiler rather than retaining its Belpare firebox?

Colin (or anyone else) on Sunday did you say that there are no kits now available for them?

Thanks,

Susie

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Hi Susie... Would an N7 have pulled a quint art? I'm not sure they pulled much else if I'm honest.. N7's are a complete minefield, not so bad as the j tanks perhaps, but there were 6 different versions over the years, but generally for the later engines it would have been round top fire boxes.

There is a kit still produced by Ace kits, and so in answer to your question, no, nobody does any kits for an N7... I do however have the N7's have drawn up in Cad.. I'm looking forward to sleepless nights with littl'n and turbo cad very shortly to get it finished. Just need to get John Birch to draw up some masters for the castings..

JB.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Hi All,

Not knowing anything about the GER can some of you advise?

For Love Lane, would an N7 be appropriate for pulling the Quint-art set? If so, would it have been rebuilt with a round-top Doncaster (Huzzah!) boiler rather than retaining its Belpare firebox?

Colin (or anyone else) on Sunday did you say that there are no kits now available for them?

Thanks,

Susie

The N7's would be appropriate and would certainly have the round top boiler, the Doncaster built engines were their version of the N7/2, classed N7/3. The N7/5 was a '43 rebuild of the N7/1's.

N7/3 at Stratford Low Level, 1959.

N7 3.jpg

Hope that's of help Susie.
There are not any N7 kits available( I think Ace did one but I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole) but I am working on patterns to mill the sheet metal components, chassis and rods for the N7.

Col.

Susie

Western Thunderer
Okay, thanks guys.

Earlier I was looking at the GA I have (it is for a 1927 Beardmore built N7) and noticed that the fluting on the coupling rods is so great they scale out at only ten thou thick in the centre! I guess they were made out of something like HT nickel chrome steel.

Well, if you two have the engine wrapped up, I better get on witht the coaches!

Susie