7mm MMP LMS 13 ton Mineral Wagon

iak63

Western Thunderer
But of course.
Bananas do not tickle my modelling mojo, mind nor the taste buds!
Bleugh...

Overseer

Western Thunderer
I am not sure what incorrect assumptions I may have made but the prototype LMS diagram 2102 wagons looked like this 'as new' - lms diag2102 1.jpg
(British Rail photo from page 106 of An Illustrated History of LMS Wagons Volume One by Bob Essery)

I will leave it to others to decide if the kit produces a representation of the nuts and bolts on the wagon body that suits them.

djparkins

Western Thunderer
I am not sure what incorrect assumptions I may have made but the prototype LMS diagram 2102 wagons looked like this 'as new' - View attachment 33728
(British Rail photo from page 106 of An Illustrated History of LMS Wagons Volume One by Bob Essery)

I will leave it to others to decide if the kit produces a representation of the nuts and bolts on the wagon body that suits them.

Well that we took the dimensions from the LMS drawings book.

See the unpainted pictures of the body on page 1 of this thread for a fair comparison with the photo.

farnetti

Western Thunderer
David has kindly sent me a packet of the new pins as I may (or may not, depending on difficulty) replace the top bolts above any load level. Below is a slightly dodgy photo of the the two types side by side. It looks like the heads of the brass ones are approx. 2/3 the size of the steels ones and will look much better.
DSCN0981.JPG

Ken