Pete's own models.

LSWR/SR T1 BUILD start.
  • Peter Cross

Western Thunderer
    To try and get motivated again, I thought a new challenge would help. Although I have lots to get finished, I feel it's all gon stale. In part the length of time they've been on the bench.
    So a simple scratch build was called for. I have no wheels etc for it. But I don't to be that far by June.
    Here is what I have in the arsenal to start with. There are probably half the parts in the photo not going to be used. But there is the right dome and chimney. Some springs for the frames, lamp irons, plus oilers Ang boiler fittings. A good start I think. Zed

IMG_20220312_151548884_resize_82.jpg

Battle has began, after getting the drawing to scale by sizing on the printer I printed out enough copies to cut up and to have a master. I check that they all have come of the printer the same size. I have known them to reduce across the width of the paper. I did do a wagon drawing where the height was reduced by 2mm but, the length was correct.

IMG_20220317_102735586_resize_98.jpg

Next part, to cut out the major parts from the drawings, side tanks an cab, splashers, main frames. I must do the front profile drawing, ready for the cab front and rear sheets. I also cut out some 010" sheet for the body and some 018" for the frames.

As I had a spare half hour I did some cutting.

Now I have a T1 loco kit.

IMG_20220317_112902021_resize_52.jpg

At the top are the frames, with the spacer strip in the centre. I have a feeling I should of made it 25mm not 24. It is using thinner frame material than I did last time. We will see later.

To the left are the cab and bunker fronts and rears, all correct width but over long. The splasher outers are there on the bottom.

In the centre, the footplate is cut to size.

To the right the footplate are the two cab, bunker and tank sides. I did forget to put in the photo the combined tank inners and tops.

Now with a little soldering, pasting of drawings, I shall be able to make some finished parts.