Scale7 JB Workbench.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Entirety of what I shall do to the Y6 before the show... I need to give myself some sort of a challenge.. ;)

JB.

Y6DoorsandBeams.JPG

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
I've been parachuted in as cavalry because East Lynn is an operator down due to illness, so when the rotters fill my quay with an impossible amount of wagons, as is their wont, I'll up sticks and wander over, casually mentioning, as you discuss the finer points of Scale Seven to your enraptured audience, 'But don't you think the Skytrex one looks more prototypical...?' :p

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Surely you are going to ask about the repair facilities on the Island of Sodor? Or what Humbrol enamels Jonathan is going to use to replicate the livery of Toby?

You could be helpful and man the stand for a while... showing the rapt and junior audience how to build Henrietta from a D&S kit two tin cans and a bit of blu-tack.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Made in China.
Go on... I thought that the number was on the side of the body rather than on the roof!

Adrian, as you are going to the show... please take a camera... for the inevitable embarrasing shot which can be offered for the Newsletter (you may need to take the picture as our esteemed editor is indisposed at the moment).

Stevesopwith

Western Thunderer
Again on the Y6.... as a recent convert to the excellent products from Scale Hardware, I'd like to know which size of rivet you used for the top buffer-beam detail, and how are they fixed ?

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Look, I built a Y6 spongebob today...

Not running just yet, need to solder some wires on and test on the Hemyock layout tomorrow..

JB.

Y6Spongebob.JPG

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Hi Jonathan,
It looks like you managed to find time to make good progress. Not ever having demonstrated but having waited to talk to demonstrators at shows, sometimes it a wonder that you actually get anything done.

Going by the bearing on the cutting mat it looks like you might have fitted hornguides?. If so can we have shot of the chassis to see how you did it?

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Done....

Well, not quite, but so close !! It ran perfectly pulling its first train (don't worry I have video evidence, just need to edit it) on Hemyock, the S7 layout next to the demo stand, but I didn't quite get to the interior. If my Dad hadn't turned up all the way from Kent (I had to spend some time with him really) I would have had an empty box of bits..! :rolleyes:

Also in the picture is an S7 turnout started at the same time yesterday morning by S7 member John Day.

JB.

Y6finished.jpg