Scale7 JB Workbench.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
....Just turn up to the following meeting with a GWR OCT.

Hold on Adrian, that looks just like one of my whimseys... you had better check with Mr. Dikitriki to see if the meaning was clear enough up on Heyside platform no. 1 ;) .

BTW - Scorpio does a nice kit of one.... might just be the thing for the Guv'nors carriage and pair when attending the opening of Weeping Angels Yard.

regards, Graham

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer

adrian

Flying Squad
Sorry but there seems to be a problem with the attachments - I can't see them.

p.s. congratulations on passing out :). Not jealous at all!

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Thanks, Chris and Adrian, taken a while from the first foot on the footplate at the Nene Valley Railway, and an absence of a few years, but having the new Epping Ongar Rly just down the road, and firing around 4 times a week on Pitchfrd Hall during the Olympics did wonders for my technique..

JB.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Thanks, Chris and Adrian, taken a while from the first foot on the footplate at the Nene Valley Railway, and an absence of a few years, but having the new Epping Ongar Rly just down the road, and firing around 4 times a week on Pitchfrd Hall during the Olympics did wonders for my technique..

JB.
Congrat's on passing out mate, all be it on a GWR loco:eek: :rolleyes: :D on an ex GER line .
About time we saw some paint on the G5:thumbs:.

ATB, Col........see you Saturday mate.

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
I was thinking more along the lines of us all in a carriage knocking back the G&Ts cheering you on.

We'll save you a curly ham and pickle sandwich...

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Lovely job there mate. I must really get cracking with mine again. The extra details look great and the buffers are very nice, where did they come from as I'll need lots. Any chance of some buffer close ups..... Easy tigers I mean the cast ones on the buffer beams!! Also how did you represent the joints around the air pipes and are the extra rivets on the cab side sheets scale hardware ? And finally congrats on passing out mate, well worth the graft I bet,

ATB Mick

Christian

Very nice work, can I ask, what is the benefit of chemically blackening the brass before primer?
I have never seen this method before

AJC

Western Thunderer
Christian - The reasons I've been given (and why I do this myself) are twofold. First, for the blackening to 'take' the surfaces must be chemically clean and this will help ensure that the paint has an even chance too. Secondly, and although it shouldn't happen, any chips in the paint won't show as shiny metal later. So it's practical - some elements - at least in 4mm - like brakegear, can just be blackened and then weathered over the top.

Excellent work S7 JB, really excellent.

Adam

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Christian - The reasons I've been given (and why I do this myself) are twofold. First, for the blackening to 'take' the surfaces must be chemically clean and this will help ensure that the paint has an even chance too. Secondly, and although it shouldn't happen, any chips in the paint won't show as shiny metal later. So it's practical - some elements - at least in 4mm - like brakegear, can just be blackened and then weathered over the top.

Excellent work S7 JB, really excellent.

Adam

Exactly what Adam said.. :)

In theory, you shouldn't need the primer if it's blackened, but at least there is no chance of the paint coming off now...

Thanks Adam..!

JB.

Reactions: AJC

Andrew Campbell

Western Thunderer
Hugely impressive. Many congratulations. I hope we get to see 2093 in action on the S7 test track at the Bristol Show in January. Best wishes - Andrew