Prototype All in a days work

Matt.S.

Western Thunderer
I don't think that's a bad thing - for Wellington Station, you must get a block before working in the the rail corridor due to the density of tracks.

Sadly I will eventually be decomissioning the 30's Westinghouse signal box. I'll also try and get some good photos - I believe the Southern had similar electro-mechanical desk top frames.

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
I don't think that's a bad thing - for Wellington Station, you must get a block before working in the the rail corridor due to the density of tracks.

Sadly I will eventually be decomissioning the 30's Westinghouse signal box. I'll also try and get some good photos - I believe the Southern had similar electro-mechanical desk top frames.
Is the gauge different there? Looks a lot narrower on the pics?

Paul

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
And being held at red signals :))

This always seems to occur on the western approaches at Leeds when travelling in from Skipton :). I thought the remodelling of the track during the addition of platform 0 and subsequent resignalling was to alleviate this. The eastern approach from Neville Hill depot is always a bottleneck due to the double track section over the arches.

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
This always seems to occur on the western approaches at Leeds when travelling in from Skipton :). I thought the remodelling of the track during the addition of platform 0 and subsequent resignalling was to alleviate this. The eastern approach from Neville Hill depot is always a bottleneck due to the double track section over the arches.
Always seem to be held approaching Leeds or as we leave, if we’re on a Huddersfield stopper.

Todays pics, 09009 on the approaches to Manchester Victoria.
IMG_5141.jpeg
IMG_5142.jpeg
IMG_5143.jpeg

Paul

I know I'm in a minority of one, but I (really) do like the WCML OHLE, it's a reminder of the exciting new electric railway when the country was finally progressing after the war, sadly we seem to be going backward in recent times.
We’re in a sizeable minority of two! I also have a soft spot for double-headed EE Class 50’s.

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Make that three ;) I love the early AC locos and my layout ELJ will have a tiny bit of knitting up

Increase it to a quartet..... :). I have an interest in electric locos. In fact I prefer electric locos to steam :rolleyes:.

Certainly different from my HO AL1 (class 81) which is a detailed Atlas Editions HO static model powered with re-wheeled Hornby class 67 trucks.

AL1 09.jpg

And definitely HO - here it is next to a detailed Roco HO DB Br 110. Both originally developed around the same time (Mid to late 1950s - 60s) for similar duties (Br 110 power output 3,700 kW and AL1 power output 2,390 kW)

AL1 10.jpg

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
Increase it to a quartet..... :). I have an interest in electric locos. In fact I prefer electric locos to steam :rolleyes:.

Certainly different from my HO AL1 (class 81) which is a detailed Atlas Editions HO static model powered with re-wheeled Hornby class 67 trucks.

View attachment 185621

And definitely HO - here it is next to a detailed Roco HO DB Br 110. Both originally developed around the same time (Mid to late 1950s - 60s) for similar duties (Br 110 power output 3,700 kW and AL1 power output 2,390 kW)

View attachment 185622
They look great :thumbs: Ido like 81’s and whilst talking about electric locos I took some photos earlier in the approach to Leeds with a bit more modern classic AC traction.
IMG_5204.jpeg
IMG_5206.jpeg
IMG_5207.jpeg
IMG_5208.jpeg
IMG_5209.jpeg

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_5211.jpeg
    IMG_5211.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 8