BR Mk1 Limabuild coaches

Simon

Flying Squad
rosspeacock said:
Hi I think the DalerRowney fluid is ok think its more likely to be the grey car primer I used :vista: :vista: Anyway you live and learn ha ha :scratch: Got some railmatch acrylics to spray on with airbrush so on the lookout for some acrylic primer and hopefully that wont react same (I shall be doing a test beforehand this time) :scratch: :scratch:

I don't know if this is helpful but the Halfords grey primer works well for me.

Either way I think you have done a really superb job with your coaches and it would be a real pity if you sold them on.

I don't envy you the painting job though, but just think how brilliant they will look when you've got them finished. If I were you I would consider getting what you had built painted by a professional before shelling out loadsa money on the Heljan ones, although I appreciate that neither option is exactly cheap :shock:

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Hi Ross , looking forward to updates on the respray ;) you can line my class 121 :lol: the roof line seems straight forward enough but its all those door handles at the waist line that put me off ? those 3cs overlays are well glossy, :lol:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
westernfan said:
those 3cs overlays are well glossy, :lol:
Hi Chris :wave:

I masked the windows on mine & sprayed them with Railmatch satin varnish to get rid of the ultra glossy finish ;)

Cheers Phill

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson said:
[quote=""westernfan"":20xqszta] those 3cs overlays are well glossy, :lol:
Hi Chris :wave:

I masked the windows on mine & sprayed them with Railmatch satin varnish to get rid of the ultra glossy finish ;)

Cheers Phill[/quote:20xqszta]

im going to matt varnish the overlays but it will be brushed on rail match , as thats all i have ,at the moment the coach looks like one of those tinplate ace trains thingys :lol: . im running a plv van with the brake behind the class 22 and all is well running in reverse on my 4ft radius curve so it was a good cheap alternative to buying a new heljan coach .and those rtr skytrex versions and what they cost :scratch: looking forward to seeing your coaches Ross

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Hi everyone, had a paint disaster with one of my Mk1's a bit back, basically I used the Daler-Rowney art masking fluid Easybuild recommend for masking their plastic windows but I did'nt apply the required 2 coats  :oops:  :headbang: and as I primed them with my usual automotive type primer this caused the plastic in the windows to craze!!!! I was most upset.. So anyway I've made a start on removing the offending windows and sanding the sides down again without damaging them (the sides that is) there is quite a lot of detail so care needs to be taken in this dept... Will get another set of CK windows at Telford from Shawn Kaye this weekend... :thumbs:  Ross....

Attachments

• limabuild coaches 005.jpg
    limabuild coaches 005.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 122
  • limabuild coaches 006.jpg
    limabuild coaches 006.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 124

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Looks hard work mate, but you seem to have broke its back :thumbs: I hope to get a couple of FK's off Easybuild on sunday :thumbs: . Looking forward to Sunday , cant wait :thumbs:

Rob

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
As it is, it looks like the aftermath of a fire in the coach - very burnt out (shame that's not what you were looking for).

rosspeacock

Re; steps, I strenghened them up with micro-strip, sure they would still break off in a heavy impact but they are pretty solid..... Got windows from Easybuild (thanks Shawn :thumbs: ) now so I can press on.... Ross :thumbs: :wave:

rosspeacock

Hi Ian, sorry its been a little slow I have just had 10days off work been camping in North Yorks and just had 4 days in Krakow.. Ill try uploading some pictures, progress has been virtually non existant but I have re-fitted the windows using the ones you and Shawn gave me at Telford (thanks again by the way) so we are back to where we were before.. I have also done a bit of tinkering with one of the BSK's fitted some doorsteps, guards centre steps, buffers couplings and some end details on too, I regret not buying Easibuild coaches in the outset as I think I'd have this rake of 6 up and running by now ;) ;) (watch this space) Ross....

rosspeacock

Just a few pictures of some progress ive made on one of the BCK's and the RMB ive made from a CK.. I have used Haywood railway buffers on most of the coaches they are fine but the oval bufferhead shape is wrong and they reqiure some filing to get them to look right.. On the 2nd BCK ive done I have used westdale ones which are much cheaper and look a lot better they still require a little work I have put some 0.7mm wire between them to stop the heads rotating.. I have put some better battery boxes on (model express) and have scratchbuilt some steps under the guards compartment....:thumbs:

Attachments

• Limabuild coaches 005.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 005.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Limabuild coaches 006.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 006.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Limabuild coaches 007.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 007.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Limabuild coaches 008.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 008.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Limabuild coaches 009.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 009.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Limabuild coaches 010.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 010.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 43

rosspeacock

Just a few more pictures of BCK the second few are of the RMB and the interior ive got for it including tables from easybuild... :thumbs:

Attachments

• Limabuild coaches 011.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 011.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Limabuild coaches 012.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 012.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Limabuild coaches 013.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 013.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Limabuild coaches 014.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 014.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Limabuild coaches 015.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 015.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Limabuild coaches 016.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 016.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Limabuild coaches 017.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 017.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 40
  • Limabuild coaches 018.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 018.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 40

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Looking spiffing young sir, Do your coaches pre-date ETS if not where are you going to get the connections from.

Ian

rosspeacock

iploffy said:
Looking spiffing young sir, Do your coaches pre-date ETS if not where are you going to get the connections from.

Ian
Think I'll be modelling 1960/3 would all be steam heat in that period, not really sure what ETS is is it Electric Heating???? :)) :wave:

rosspeacock

Hi this is the last lot for now ;)

Attachments

• Limabuild coaches 019.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 019.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Limabuild coaches 020.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 020.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Limabuild coaches 021.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 021.jpg