BR Mk1 Limabuild coaches

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
lancer1027 said:
Great work Ross , It is as Phill say's not far off painting :bowdown: :thumbs:. Have you made the buffer saddles or have you bought them ?. Still cant get my head round your doing GREEN :scratch: :scratch: LOL :))

Rob :thumbs: :wave:
Hi Rob :wave: :wave: I dont really know where they came from as I pinched them off Phill he said he was'nt going to use them, they are quite painstaking to make up but worth the effort once on I think, Sorry about the Green but I'm sticking to my guns :wave: :wave: :thumbs: Ross...

Simon

Flying Squad
I'm really impressed with your work on these coaches, the RMB especially and look forward to seeing the paint go on - whatever colour you choose :thumbs:

I'm really glad you are doing one in Southern Region green though, if/when I ever get a set of Mk 1s in 1/32 (dream on) they will defo. be a numbered "3 set" in green - lovely jubbley!

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
rosspeacock said:
Hi Rob :wave: :wave: I dont really know where they came from as I pinched them off Phill he said he was'nt going to use them, they are quite painstaking to make up but worth the effort once on I think, Sorry about the Green but I'm sticking to my guns :wave: :wave: :thumbs: Ross...

GREEN,GREEN,GREEN :headbang:Thats not a colour it's a state of mind :D :D :D

IAN

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Green sounds pretty cool to me, I intend to have the odd green & maroon MK1 mixed in with my blue grey   rakes at some stage  ;D

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
[/color]Nooooooooo BLUE/GREY  BLUE/GREY  BLUE/GREY  :)) :)) :)) Ok i know the grey bit should be typed grey but there isnt a grey :thumbs:

Ross there is a picture in my Mk1 book of a chocolate/cream with a yellow first class stripe.
The book says that these stripes were introduced about the same time as chocolate/cream was discontinued-1963.

Rob :wave:

rosspeacock

Just done a little bit more on the RMB I've added some shelving units behind bar area also added a couple of shelves where the sink and hot water bolier would sit I've also altered the bar slightly think my counter was too long (thanks for pics Rob "copied yours a bit :bowdown:") also I've added 2 boxes fabricated from 020" plasticard at either end of the "bum rest" thingy opposite counter area.. IMHO the partition windows are too high think this is because my floor is too high but there was'nt a right lot I could do as this a Lima coach and the floors are too high anyway, did'nt fancy going back to the drawing board, think this is only a minor compromise... Ross.........

Attachments

• Limabuild coaches 035.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 035.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Limabuild coaches 036.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 036.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Limabuild coaches 037.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 037.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 20

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Nice one Ross :thumbs: :bowdown: What is the interior colour scheme for a green RMB ? is it much different to the grey interior on the blue/grey one :scratch:
Look forward to the next lot of progress pics :thumbs:

rosspeacock

Think as far as I know it would be wood panelling and white/grey formica in buffet area for work surfaces and table tops but not 100% sure I'll look into it a little bit more, think it would have been dark green moquette in early 60's prob grey with red/white fleck or blue/green check in your era. Also I really liked some of the patterned formica that was around in 60's and 70's.... loved the yellow toilets and sinks too  :thumbs: :thumbs:

rosspeacock

Slow progress again of late, but picked up some short handrail knobs for the tank filler pipes, some 0.7mm brass wire and also some BR/SR greeen at our "local" Wakefield show at the weekend... Got straight on and got them straight on, ran out though so had to order 2 more packs so ill have enough for rest of my coaches... :thumbs: Ross..........

Attachments

• Limabuild coaches 043.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 043.jpg
    603.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Limabuild coaches 044.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 044.jpg
    601.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Limabuild coaches 045.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 045.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 21

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Nice work Ross.  :thumbs:  I do think Mk1 roofs look very interesting visually with the transverse ribbing and all the various ventilators and pipe runs - modern rolling stock just looks so boring in comparison.

Regards

Dan

rosspeacock

iploffy said:
Superb as usual, Ross where did you get the water filler as I need to obtain two as I have messed up mine.

Ian
Hi Ian, the whitemetal castings were from Easybuild... Sure if you speak to Shawn he will stick you a couple in the post... How is the FK coming on?  :wave: Ross

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Cynric has it at the moment he's lining it for me I was not any good at it :-[ :-[ and wasted 4 lines (what a waste) and I had to repaint one complete side so I gave up. I think I have found a solution though a friend of mine gave me 0.5mm wide masking tape, so I paint the side white mask the white line and then paint the grey and then paint the blue

Ian

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Ross. The roof looks exellent :bowdown: :bowdown:. Again thanks for pointing me in the right direction with positioning of vents etc :thumbs:. I have now re-positioned everything and ordered myself some of the L 1.2 from Squires :thumbs:, so until that arrives i cant finish the roof :'(. However i have been putting the tables in. These i have made out of plastakard :thumbs:. Its really looking the part now ,not much more to do. Will post some pics asap.