Finney7

Brian Wainwright

I am excessively tempted by the 94xx. Don't know why as it's the wrong company and wrong period for me, but I have always had a liking for these engines.

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Brian,
Sir has excellent taste! I think it falls into the same category as the F-4 Phantom and Albert, there is a something attractive about their shear functional look. At the moment progress is halted as all the manufacturers are on hold. Ho Hum!

John,
Progress? The Rover has been on sale for at least 18 months. I'm not sure if we have any left in stock. Give Richard a call.

Stay safe
Simon

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi John,

To amplify Simon's comments, we are currently waiting for some parts (for 'some' read nearly 500) to be plated. In the current environment, I have no idea when those will be done. So, we are out of stock for the time being.

As a general comment, we do have stocks of nearly all other kits in the current range, but we will not be able to restock until the lock-down is over. First come, first served!

Richard

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi,

We're still working hard on the development work for the 94XX and B1. The focus of this post is that we have had the first of the production resin castings for the 94XX, so a few photos and a test fit on one of the test etches.

Smokebox saddle
P1010350.JPG

P1010351.JPG

Bunker
20210117_143132a.jpg

Smokebox/Boiler/Firebox/Tanks
20210117_142843a.jpg

20210117_143018a.jpg

Test fit
P1010361a.jpg

P1010363a.jpg

P1010357a.jpg

P1010359a.jpg

P1010366a.jpg

We still have to productionise the castings - which will be after the B1 castings - so I don't have a delivery date or price yet, before you ask!

Richard

Overseer

Western Thunderer
Can we mention rivets? To my eye there is too much difference between the rivets on the etched cab/bunker parts and the printed bunker top piece. The printed ones look to big and flat, not like GW snap heads.

AndyH

Definitely interested in the 94xx. Truro had a good allocation.
One aspect of most models which I feel makes a big difference, whilst recognising the challenge, is the rear bunker doors. Having those at least separate to allow them to be modelled as open would be great.
Andy

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Definitely interested in the 94xx. Truro had a good allocation.
One aspect of most models which I feel makes a big difference, whilst recognising the challenge, is the rear bunker doors. Having those at least separate to allow them to be modelled as open would be great.
Andy
Anything can be modelled with a fret saw in hand :))

JB.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Photographic evidence suggests the opposite! Photos to follow tomorrow.
Dave
Having checked photos of the 94 at NRM, yes the bunker rivets are indeed quite small. I may have been thinking of rivets used on tank sides or footplate on say, a large prairie but I guess they would be a lot more structural.

JB.

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Thank you for the comments chaps.
I have counted three different sized rivets on the cab side and any more on the chassis. There are different numbers and patterns of rivets on the cab side plates, so the kit has two different rear cab side plates and two different front cab side plates. These rivets are half etches and not pushed out, so the size is very dependent on the etcher, and they can never be more than half the metal sheet high. On the artwork they are bigger than the resin rivets.
When I first saw the grey resin bunker my eye was caught by the rivets. I have the beige resin casting that came out of the same mould and the rivets do not look so large.

May I point out that 8453 is the gift to those of us who have problems with hand rails. I can see four damaged, twisted and bent ones!

Simon

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi,

Just to let you know that Finney7 will be attending the trade show at Royal Wootton Bassett Memorial Hall on Saturday 4th December 2021.

Wiltshire 7mm Show – Model Railway Show

Note that tickets are limited due to Covid regulations.

We will only have limited stock with us, but if you order by 24th November we will be able to set your order aside for collection on the day.

Richard