Prototype G1 Western

D1054

Western Thunderer
D1003 has turned green. Just roughed out the SYP but though it looked ok, so slipped in the headcode set and buffers, and even painted the door handle and kickguards, just to check the effect.... looks pretty good. I know the side windows are a bit heavy, but these are resin test sets and will be n/s etches in the finished models/kits. Comments welcomed, and constructive critique particularly so, please. IMG_6328.jpg

Renovater

Western Thunderer
According the book "Diesels on the Southern" which includes inter-regional workings to the Southern Region, Class 52's did indeed come into Southern Region. Does anybody know any more about these incursions, in particular which ones?.
Hi. The Fareham stone via Eastleigh, came down the Romsey line, sometimes this could be a Warship run.

Thirtysecond

Western Thunderer
Hi Ian, Can a Revolution receiver, of which I have a spare, be installed ? Of course it would have to be able to control the DCC sound system. It has 6 accessory outputs : Not enabled - open circuit, enabled - 0v.

D1054

Western Thunderer
Hi Ian, Can a Revolution receiver, of which I have a spare, be installed ? Of course it would have to be able to control the DCC sound system. It has 6 accessory outputs : Not enabled - open circuit, enabled - 0v.
Hi, I'm not sure about how easily the receiver can be linked to the DCC soundcard. Does anyone out there know if this can be done?

D6356

Western Thunderer
Have to add - saw models and spoke to Ian at Fosse exhibition centre, large scale show over the weekend, Amazing works and the class 37 bodies had real heft and detail, I think these will be deservedly popular. Sorry no pics as I was working at the show. The G3 models were equally impressive for those who say size matters!

D6356

Western Thunderer
A large (G1) thanks to Ian, I now have D1072- albeit in a zillion pieces. So looking forward to a gentle build over the winter The plan is for it to be a battered rail blue affair near the end of the day. Currently is a well meant pun as I have yet to save pennies for the RC and sound stuff so heading to be a shelf queen - other gender titles or non gender based titles are available!